Are you ready to take the next step in your career? Do you want to do meaningful work that improves quality of life? At Tetra Tech, you will work with high-performing teams who are passionate about using their expertise to find solutions to complex problems in water, environment, infrastructure, resource management, energy, and international development.
Tetra Tech ES, Inc., a subsidiary of Tetra Tech (Nasdaq: TTEK) is dedicated to improving the energy sector of developing economies. See here for more information. Tetra Tech, as prime implementer of the Water and Energy for Food South and Southeast Asia Regional Innovation Hub, is seeking an experienced Legal Advisor, to support an Indian company’s expansion plan by understanding impact of India’s new Bio-stimulant law on the company’s operations. The Legal Advisor will review this law and analyze its impact on the company’s business and provide recommendation on next steps to be undertaken by the company, with specific details in case of reclassification. See here for more information on the Hub.
This is an independent consulting engagement for services estimated to be about 15 days over a period of seven weeks to be contracted on fixed price basis. The consultant must be legally authorized to work in India.
Interested consultants are invited to submit a CV with the requested USD daily rate to WE4FAsiaRIH@tetratech.com and include the following in the email subject line: Legal Advisor.
· Collect information on the new bio-stimulant law.
· Develop a detailed work plan, methodology, and timeline for the assignment.
· Provide a written analysis of new law and its impact on AST, including possible re-classification of product, and/or taxation,
· In event of re-classification, provide documents that show evidence of re-classification and plans to engage in this process,
· Regularly communicate with the hub and innovator on assignment progress, and
· Submit final report with feedback from the Hub and innovator incorporated and accepted.
· A graduate degree in legal studies, or related field
· 7 years’ experience in S/S Asia, particularly India, leading similar assignments analyzing impact of a law on operations of a company, particularly one that imports similar products
· Experience on corporate taxation for similar agricultural companies or products in India
· Excellent research, analytical, oral and written communications skills
· Fluency in English (reading, writing and presentation skills)
Submit a CV and Requested USD Rate with the email subject “Legal Advisor”
About the Organization
Tetra Tech is a leading provider of consulting and engineering services. The Company supports government and commercial clients by providing innovative solutions focused on water, environment, infrastructure, resource management, energy, and international development. With more than 17,000 associates worldwide, Tetra Tech's capabilities span the entire project life cycle.