Dexis is seeking a senior level Legal Officer/Technical Specialist to provide support to the United States Agency for International Development (USAID), Office of Afghanistan and Pakistan Affairs (OAPA). OAPA was established to support USAID programs in Afghanistan and Pakistan and to represent USAID in inter-agency committees, to the public, in Congress, and to other governments and partners. Dexis provides management, technical, and administrative services to OAPA. The work location for this position will be at the Mission in Pakistan and in Washington DC. This is a full-time position that will start August 6, 2018 and have a timeframe of six (6) months.
The Legal Officer/Technical Specialist will provide legal and human resources support to the Pakistan Mission. Roles and responsibilities may include:
- Conduct a detailed assessment of Personal Services Contract (PSC) hiring practices within the Mission through reviewing the contract files of Cooperating Country National (CCN) PSC staff to determine if future changes to practices, or adjustments to compensation should be considered by Mission Management.
- Research best practices in hiring within USAID.
- Review and assess the applicability of Foreign Affairs Manual provisions to PSC hiring practices
- Submit final written report to Mission Management summarizing assessment and recommendations to Mission on hiring practices.
- Present summary to Mission staff.
- Master’s degree or PhD in Human Resources Management, Law or other relevant field, minimum of fifteen (15) years of leading and managing large projects; or Bachelor’s degree in relevant field, minimum of seventeen (17) years of directly related work experience.
- Confidential Clearance required
- Previous experience in employment contracts strongly desired.
- Experience working abroad, preferably in the Asia region, is desired.
- Extensive experience with Human Resources, preferably within USAID.
- Robust organizational, analytical and troubleshooting skills.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Advanced skills in the use of Microsoft Office, Internet, and e-mail applications (Google/Outlook).
Dexis is an equal opportunity employer offering employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, citizenship, physical or mental handicap, or status as a disabled or Vietnam Era veteran of the US Armed Forces.
About the Organization
Since 2001, Dexis has provided innovative management solutions for a secure and prosperous world. In the last three years alone, Dexis has worked in 90 countries supporting critical missions of agencies in the global development and security assistance space. With triple digit growth in recent years, Dexis was ranked in the top 10 consulting firms by funding at the US Agency for International Development in FY16 and FY17. Dexis was also among the highest rated employers on Glassdoor, where many of its 250-plus employees cited a people-centered leadership and culture as the main drivers to its success.