Checchi and Company Consulting, Inc. (www.checchiconsulting.com) seeks a Legal Technical Expert for an upcoming USAID-funded justice sector reform program in Uzbekistan. The program will work on developing the legal framework, the legal profession and civil society. The Legal Technical Expert will work on developing relationships with relevant government agencies/officials and civil society organizations and will formulate recommendations for technical interventions.
- Five years of experience in rule of law and/or legal reform in the former Soviet Union or Eastern Europe.
- Knowledge of rule of law and/or legal reform.
- Law degree.
- Experience practicing law.
- Prior experience in successfully identifying, establishing and nurturing working relationships with a variety of stakeholders, government officials, and civil society actors.
- Fluency speaking, reading and writing in Russian, including legal terminology.
- Proficiency in English and Uzbek preferred, including legal terminology.
Qualified candidates should submit a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org (please put “Legal Technical Expert” in the subject line of the e-mail). Only finalists will be contacted. No telephone calls please. EOE.
About the Organization
Checchi and Company Consulting, Inc. (Checchi) has worked in international development for over 40 years. The company has operated in more than 140 countries, including a number of fragile states and post-conflict zones, and has implemented nearly 300 long-term contracts. Checchi’s principal areas of specialization include rule of law, anticorruption and monitoring and evaluation (M&E). Since launching one of the first international rule of law practices in the late 1980s, Checchi has provided technical assistance and training in the core areas of improving access to justice; court systems administration; legislative and policy reform; judicial training and legal education; public legal awareness; and security sector reform. The company has implemented a number of long- and short-term activities focused exclusively on anticorruption. In addition, many of Checchi’s rule of law projects have included significant anticorruption components and activities. Checchi’s M&E work encompasses projects in more than 50 countries and spans the spectrum of quantitative, qualitative, and mixed approaches to managing and evaluating performance.