Tetra Tech DPK seeks Legal Technical Expert candidates for an anticipated USAID-funded Judicial Reform in Uzbekistan Project. This project is expected to support the efforts of the Government of Uzbekistan to develop rule of law, reform the judiciary, and improve the legal operating environment for NGOs and civil society organizations. Activities will contribute to locally-led development and self-reliance by providing input and expertise into the legislative reform process, the development of the legal profession, and facilitate strategic planning, including defining roles and paving the way for civil society development. Counterpart organizations will include the Ministry of Justice.
The Legal Technical Expert will be the primary technical contact for government officials, and will be primarily responsible for identifying and communicating the nature of technical requests to the COP and DCOP. This person will spend significant time meeting with relevant government agencies, will be tasked with developing relationships and gaining the trust of government and civil society partners, and making recommendations for technical interventions. Candidate must possess a strong understanding and ability to work within a centralized, reforming, ambiguous and rapidly evolving host country environment, be able to identify long-term partners and sort through voluminous requests for assistance and prioritize them.
- At least 5 years’ experience in Rule of Law reform and/or legal and legislative development in Eastern Europe, Central Asia or Eurasia.
- Knowledge of Rule of Law, Legal Reform or Legislative Strengthening program implementation; preferably with USAID or another international donor.
- Law degree required, LLM.
- Experience practicing law.
- Demonstrated ability to work in an ambiguous and rapidly evolving environment, must be comfortable with constant change of local partners, and multiple, competing priorities.
- Prior experience in successfully identifying, establishing and nurturing working relationships with a variety of stakeholders, host government officials, and civil society actors.
- Fluency speaking, reading and writing in Russian, proficiency in English, knowledge of legal terminology. Uzbek preferred.
Please click here to apply. No phone calls, please. Please submit applications in English only.
About the Organization
Tetra Tech DPK is committed to diversity and gender equality in all of its operations - in the U.S and overseas. We strive to reflect these goals in our global mission and in our workplace. We encourage applications from women and underrepresented ethnic, racial and cultural groups. Tetra Tech DPK is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.