Chemonics seeks a livestock and dairy specialist for the anticipated four year, $10 million USAID Sindh Enabling Environment Activity in Pakistan. The project aims to support the private sector and Sindh government in improving the enabling environment for agribusiness development. The activity’s ultimate goal is to strengthen institutional capacity building for sustainable policymaking. The livestock and dairy specialist will provide research, analysis, and technical and domain knowledge to support for day-to-day implementation of project activities in livestock and dairy subsectors in Sindh. We are looking for individuals who have a passion for making a difference in the lives of people around the world.
- Assume overall responsibility for planning, coordinating, and implementing the project’s livestock and dairy subsector activities, and support the preparation of detailed annual work plans, targets, and budgets
- Assist in identifying key private sector-led interventions to foster quantitative and qualitative improvements, and in designing and implementing initiatives in the Sindh livestock and dairy subsectors
- Assist in development of functional linkages and networks in the livestock and dairy subsectors; develop strategies and implement proactive measures for continued collaboration to enable the subsector’s growth in Sindh
- Develop strategies and drive activities to support capacity building of private sector advocacy organizations in the livestock and dairy subsectors
- Organize and support quantitative and qualitative data research to enable evidence-based decision-making regarding private sector investment and public sector support to spur new private sector investments in the livestock and dairy subsectors
- Support investment promotion endeavors through action-oriented analysis, engaging with key partners, such as private sector entrepreneurs, civil society actors, and the Sindh government, to identify and implement programs in the livestock and dairy subsectors
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant technical field; master’s degree preferred
- Minimum 10 years of progressively more advanced work experience
- Demonstrated successful interpersonal skills
- Ability to perform successfully as a member of multiple project-related teams
- Experience working with the Sindh government, private sector, and international donors in Pakistan
- Demonstrated leadership, versatility, and integrity
- Proficiency in English and Urdu required; proficiency in Sindhi preferred
Please send electronic submissions of your CV, a cover letter, and three references to PakistanSEEA@chemonics.com
by March 31, 2017. Please include “Livestock and Dairy Specialist” in the subject line. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. No telephone inquiries, please. Finalists will be contacted.
About the Organization
Owned entirely by employees, Chemonics is an ISO-9001 certified international development company. For more than 40 years, we have partnered with local and international organizations to promote social and economic change around the world.