Since 1963 and in 146 countries, ACDI/VOCA has empowered people in developing and transitional nations to succeed in the global economy. Based in Washington, D.C., ACDI/VOCA is a nonprofit international development organization that delivers technical and management assistance in agribusiness, financial services, enterprise development, community development and food security in order to promote broad-based economic growth and vibrant civil society.
Livestock Resilience Specialist, East Africa
ACDI/VOCA is recruiting for a Livestock Systems Resilience Specialist for a USAID-funded cross-border trade and resilience project in the East African Community (EAC) countries. This project will assist the Governments of Kenya, Uganda, Tanzania, and Burundi as well as other neighboring nations to improve regional resilience through (among other objectives), increasing shock recovery, reducing humanitarian needs in the Horn of Africa, and improving food security in arid and semi-arid lands.
The Livestock Systems Resilience Specialist responsibilities and qualifications for this program include but are not limited to the following:
- Provide technical expertise, coordination, capacity building, and support to regional resilience initiatives for livestock systems.
- Represent the Activity in coordination, capacity building, and partnership meetings with regional policy, transboundary disease surveillance agencies, private sector companies, research organizations, and government/ministry staff.
- Quality control and timeliness of all deliverables
- Other tasks as needed
- Degree required in Business, Agriculture, International Development, Livestock, or related field
- Minimum of five years combined experience in:
- Resilience for arid and semi-arid lands, pastoralist communities, or related technical areas.
- Experience with regional or government level transboundary disease surveillance or other related regional resilience issues.
- USAID-funded livestock, agricultural, enterprise development, and/or cross-border trade projects.
- Ability to collaborate effectively with the private sector, government entities, and international donors.
- Experience with market systems/M4P approaches preferred.
- Fluency in English required, proficiency in regional languages desired
Please apply online at www.acdivoca.org/international-jobs. No phone calls please. Only finalists contacted. Women, minorities, and local nationals encouraged to apply. EOE.
About the Organization
Since 1963 and in 147 countries, ACDI/VOCA has empowered people in developing and transitional nations to succeed in the global economy. Based in Washington, D.C., ACDI/VOCA is a nonprofit international development organization that designs and delivers technical and management solutions in agriculture, economic growth, and resilience to promote economic prosperity and social inclusion.