The Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH is a state owned organisation. We work worldwide in the field of international cooperation for sustainable development. GIZ International Services (InS) is an integral division of GIZ. We offer the experience, the regional and technical know-how of GIZ in the global market and provide international clients with expertise in terms of economic and result-oriented services.
GIZ International Services is shortlisted for the EU-funded tender: „Technical assistance to the implementation of the EPA support programme” in Botswana.
The overall objective of the programme of which this contract will be a part is to promote export-led economic diversification and growth in Botswana with improved employment in targeted value chains.
The purpose of this contract is to establish a Technical Assistance Team (TAT), which will be composed of a core team of 3 key experts who will contribute to:
- Increasing and diversifying non-mining exports of Botswana to the EU and the region by inter alia drawing on the opportunities offered by the SADC-EPA
- Enhancing enterprise and product competitiveness in selected value chains with a potential to strengthen women’s economic empowerment
- Increasing FDI in support of the export effort
- A [post-graduate] degree in Animal Science/Veterinary medicine or any other related field, or equivalent of 2 years of general professional experience in addition to the minimum requirement
General Professional Experience
- At least 5 years of experience in epidemiology or veterinary services
Specific Professional Experience and other Skills
- Good knowledge of database administration and statistical analysis
- Exposure to risk analysis with hands on official controls, biosecurity and quarantine management
- Track record of three (3) consultancies carried out on capacity building, quality management, change management, training of trainers
- Practical experience in animal identification/traceability as an asset
- Experience of FMD in Southern Africa will be an added advantage
- English proficiency at C2 level
The operational base of the programme will be Gaborone, Botswana, with travel to relevant areas in Botswana and targeted markets.
Start date & period of implementation
The intended start date is July 2020 and the period of implementation of the contract will be 42 months from this date (660 working days).
Please note that we basically can only receive and process applications sent via our e-recruiting system. Should you not be able to do so, please contact the person named in the job advertisement. We would like to ask you to apply with a CV in Europeaid format.
After submitting an application, please check your spam/junk folder regularly for incoming messages, as emails from our e-recruiting system are treated as spam by some providers.
GIZ would like to improve the share of disabled employees, both in Germany and abroad. Applications from persons with disabilities are most welcome.
About the Organization
We create prospects for people and with people. As GIZ has an international mandate, we offer a multicultural working environment. We are committed service providers and dedicated professionals, even under difficult circumstances. We take pride in enabling our employees to develop their professional and personal skills. There are plenty of reasons to join our motivated team – ranging from the diverse challenges you will face on a daily basis in one of our 130 partner countries, to the broad scope you will have for shaping your work.