Global Communities is seeking a Livelihoods Team Lead to oversee the design and implementation of a large scale US Government (USG) Task Order in North East Syria (NES). The Livelihoods Team Lead will be responsible for the daily management and oversight of livelihoods programming, including supervising the technical quality of livelihoods interventions such as agricultural livelihoods and technical or vocational training activities. In collaboration with the Chief of Party, and Deputy Chief of Party, the Livelihoods Team Lead will be responsible for strategic, technical and operational aspects of livelihoods programming under the anticipated Task Order. The Livelihoods Team lead is an experienced, dynamic and proactive senior manager that has tangible experience working on livelihoods programming in conflict, post-conflict, and transition environments. This position reports to the Chief of Party (COP) and is based in Amman, Jordan.
* In collaboration with the COP and DCOP, oversee the strategic direction and program management of livelihoods activities.
* Day to day management of livelihoods technical and program staff in Amman and Syria field offices; ensure that livelihoods staff are appropriate for the needs of the program.
* In collaboration with the COP and DCOP, engage with relevant local authorities, government officials, and administrative departments to support program operations and implementation.
* Proactive representation and coordination with other NGOs and stakeholders in Syria around livelihoods activities.
* Maintain updated awareness and analysis of political and conflict contexts in the Area of Operations (AO), countrywide and regionally; adapt livelihoods activities as required to shifting contexts
* Ensure that all livelihoods activities are timely, data-driven, efficient, well-coordinated and monitored and evaluated
* Support monitoring and reporting of all livelihoods activities, including providing timely data and reporting inputs to the COP and DCOP on livelihoods activities, and responding to relevant requests for information as required
* Ensure 100% compliance with all donor regulations and internal policies
* All other duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
* Demonstrated understanding of conflict, transition, stabilization, and/or resilience programming, with an emphasis on livelihoods and economic development programming.
* At least 5 years of experience managing emergency livelihoods and/or economic development programming; experience in agricultural livelihoods preferred.
* Demonstrated understanding of US donor regulations and experience in managing and implementing large-scale USG Contracts.
* Excellent oral and written communication skills, coordination skills, analytic skills, interpersonal skills, team management skills
* Demonstrated ability to work effectively, both independently and in a team environment, in an atmosphere of multiple projects, shifting priorities, and deadline pressures.
* Fluency in English required; fluency in Arabic strongly preferred.
* Previous experience managing expatriate and local staff in conflict zones
* Previous experience in the Middle East required; recent experience with programs in Syria preferred
* Previous experience managing sub-contractors preferred
* A Masters’ Degree or Bachelor’s degree in international affairs, social science, agriculture, or a related field preferred
* At least 10 years of progressively responsible experience in the humanitarian, development, or transition field. Within the 10 years of experience, at least 8 years of experience managing USG contracts or assistance awards, and at least 5 years of experience working in conflict zones
* Equivalent combination of education and experience