Local Assessment Coordinator for Democracy, Human Rights, and Governance Assessment In Mongolia
Making Cents International is recruiting a Local Assessment Coordinator to support a Democracy, Human Rights, and Governance (DRG) Assessment in Mongolia. The assessment will include three and a half weeks of field work evaluating trends that characterize political development. Recommendations provided to USAID may influence future foreign assistance in the areas of democracy, human rights, and governance.
The Team will consist of an expatriate Team Leader and Country Expert, as well as one Local Political Expert. One or more representatives from USAID Washington and/or USAID/Mission will also join the team for some or all of the scheduled meetings. The Team will split its time between the capital and other locations to be determined.
The Local Assessment Coordinator’s objective is to provide logistical and administrative support, scheduling, secretarial duties, and coordination of services to the DRG Assessment Team. The Local Assessment Coordinator‘s work will be coordinated and supervised by the Assessment Team Leader and the Task Order (TO) Manager. The Local Assessment Coordinator will work in within Mongolia.
The tasks that will be undertaken by the Local Assessment Coordinator will be in direct support of the Team’s research. The Local Assessment Coordinator will coordinate closely with the Team and with USAID to identify scheduling needs on an ongoing basis. The Local Assessment Coordinator will:
- Confer with the Team Leader and TO Manager regarding the protocols and objectives of the assignment.
- Confer with Team Leader and TO Manager regarding the selection and coordination of an interview program for the Assessment.
- Coordinate with the USAID/Mongolia regarding the establishment of an interview schedule.
- Develop a program of interviews in consultation with Team Leader and TO Manager, including making and confirming appointments.
- Participate in Team meetings where the scheduling is discussed.
- Accompany Team members to field sites outside the capital if requested.
- Assist in identifying interpreters/translators for the Team.
- Make transportation arrangements for the Team.
- Make hotel arrangements for the Team.
- Assist in obtaining cell phones and other supplies needed.
- Provide administrative and secretarial support for the Team.
- Complete other appropriate tasks as assigned by Team Leader or TO Manager.
Level of Effort:
Maximum Level of Effort will be 28 days with 23 days of the LOE taking place during the field work phase of the assessment (including Saturdays). The Local Assessment Coordinator must be available to support the Team at all times during the period of field work. Prior to the international Team Member’s arrival in country, the Local Assessment Coordinator will spend up to 5 days preparing for the assessment. This will include scheduling meetings for the Team, coordinating the schedule with USAID/Mongolia, reserving hotels and meeting rooms for the team, making appropriate transportation arrangements for the team, procuring cell phone or other necessary supplies, and other logistical or administrative tasks as requested.
The three and a half weeks of field work is tentatively scheduled for August 2020; however, the exact dates are to be determined.
About the Organization
Making Cents International is a dynamic social enterprise that has been increasing economic opportunities in developing countries for fifteen years. We are known as a source of high quality technical services, and a thought leader in the economic growth arena. Our technical services and collaborative learning activities consistently improve the ability of target populations - especially youth, women, smallholder farmers, and vulnerable populations - to launch and grow businesses, participate in profitable value chains, access finance, and obtain meaningful work. Our services are based on an appreciation of client assets and market needs, local capacity building, and a desire to achieve greater sustainable results. Our success is grounded on core competencies that focus on innovation, quality, teamwork, communication, leadership, and knowledge management.
Making Cents Corporate site: www.makingcents.com.