The purpose of the USAID/Ukraine Monitoring and Learning Support Contract is to holistically assist the USAID Regional Mission for Ukraine and Belarus in its overall monitoring, and its collaborating, learning and adapting (CLA) needs over the implementation of its five-year 2018-2023 Country Development Cooperation Strategy (CDCS). This contract has two major objectives, USAID/Ukraine CDCS implementation support, and holistic support for ongoing Mission monitoring and learning needs. The first objective, to support the CDCS implementation, primarily includes monitoring of a Mission-wide Performance Management Plan (PMP) which is an umbrella for several key performance management components. The second objective is to support ongoing Mission monitoring and learning needs, particularly key processes and systems that may be updated, improved, consolidated; and robust Mission capacity to sustain best practices.
The period of performance is five (5) years from date of contract award. The place of performance is Ukraine and may include Belarus.
SI is seeking a Local Capacity Building Expert to provide technical guidance to capacity building activities under the contract. This is a full-time position based in Ukraine throughout the five-year period of performance.
**Please Note: this is a local position. Only candidates with Ukrainian citizenship will be considered.**
- Develop and perform capacity-building activities that will bolster the M&E technical capacity for USAID/Ukraine staff, implementing partners, collaborating organizations and Government of Ukraine counterparts.
- Establish and implement a capacity building platform to build the capacity of USAID/Ukraine staff and select stakeholders to perform high-quality performance monitoring and verification.
- Conduct training needs assessments related to M&E, research and data use at the client, project and implementing partner levels.
- Provide training to build the capacity of local implementing partners and government officials to improve the effectiveness of performance management, projects and M&E plans using best practices.
- Utilize information through routine project monitoring and other identified sources of information to provide training and support to implementing partners, as needed, to achieve USAID/Ukraine Mission objectives.
- Provide inputs on the use of performance indicators and evaluations to reflect progress toward capacity building outcomes and impacts.
- Undertake field visits as required to conduct assessments, training or other activities in the field.
- Assist and play a role in the production of reports, such as quarterly and annual reports, training manuals and reports arising out of its activities as required by USAID.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher is preferred in human or organizational performance improvement, instructional design, statistics, economics, international development, public policy or business administration.
- At least 8 years of proven work experience in the field of monitoring, evaluation and/or institutional capacity building.
- Demonstrated knowledge of capacity-building performance metrics and indicators.
- Demonstrated skills in capacity-building design, methodologies and approaches.
- Familiarity with capacity assessment tools desirable.
- Familiarity with developing and/or using pre- and post-tests desirable.
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively and effectively with staff, stakeholders and beneficiaries.
- Demonstrated leadership and mentoring abilities.
- Must be able to exercise good judgment and to act with minimal direct oversight.
- Experience working in Ukraine is required.
- Fluency in English and Ukrainian and/or Russian required.
Come join our energetic and innovative team! We offer you the opportunity to play a leading role in the growth of our company, work as part of a creative and committed team, and make a difference in the well-being of our world.
To learn more about Social Impact, please visit our website: http://www.socialimpact.com
SI is an EEO/AA/ADA Veterans Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Only selected candidates will be contacted for an interview. Please, no phone calls.
About the Organization
Social Impact is a global development management consulting firm. We provide monitoring, evaluation, strategic planning, and capacity building services to advance development effectiveness. We work across all development sectors including democracy and governance, health and education, the environment, and economic growth. Since 1997 we have worked in over 100 countries for clients such as US government agencies, bilateral donors, multilateral development banks, foundations, and nonprofits.