The Millennium Challenge Corporation (MCC) has contracted SI to conduct a final evaluation of certain grants within the cocoa portfolio of the Indonesia Green Prosperity (GP) Grant Facility in order to understand the degree to which the portfolio’s key objectives were achieved and sustained following the completion of the grant activities and generate learning for future work in the cocoa sector in Indonesia. The GP Facility financed three grants that each aimed to increase yields, improve income, and reduce negative environmental impacts related to agriculture in the Indonesian cocoa sector through training and technical assistance in Good Agricultural Practices (GAP). This final evaluation is the second phase of a qualitative pre/post evaluation of the grants. It will include one field data collection period tentatively scheduled for September of 2019.
**Please note: This is a local position. Only Indonesian citizens are eligible to apply.**
SI is seeking a Cocoa Sector Specialist to serve as a senior team member for this evaluation.
The Cocoa Sector Specialist is expected to provide technical support to all evaluation activities to ensure a high quality and useful evaluation. The Specialist will be responsible for the following tasks:
- Contribute to the development of an Evaluation Design Report, complete with relevant instruments for qualitative data collection.
- Support the Team Leader in the identification of a sample frame for primary qualitative data collection during both phases of field work.
- Collaborate with the Team Leader in the development of interview and focus group discussion protocols.
- Assist with data collection in Indonesia, including interviews and focus group discussions with stakeholders.
- Aid in the analysis and compilation of project monitoring and government data by liaising with implementing, funding, and government stakeholders as needed.
- Contribute to the development of evaluation reports at each phase of data collection, including relevant findings and conclusions.
- Bachelor’s degree in policy, economics, agriculture or other relevant discipline; study or research in agricultural value-chains, public-private partnerships or climate change. Master’s degree preferred.
- At least three years of research/evaluation experience, including data collection and analysis, especially with qualitative evaluation (key informant interviews, focus group discussions, etc.) of development projects. Quantitative data collection or analysis experience is an added value.
- At least six years of experience in agriculture, namely in the cocoa sector, in Indonesia.
- Bahasa language fluency or proficiency is required, English proficiency is required.
Come join our energetic and innovative team! We offer you the opportunity to play a leading role in the growth of our company, work as part of a creative and committed team, and make a difference in the well-being of our world. To learn more about Social Impact, please visit our website: http://www.socialimpact.com
SI is an EEO/AA/ADA Veterans Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Only selected candidates will be contacted for an interview. Please, no phone calls.
About the Organization
Social Impact is a global development management consulting firm. We provide monitoring, evaluation, strategic planning, and capacity building services to advance development effectiveness. We work across all development sectors including democracy and governance, health and education, the environment, and economic growth. Since 1997 we have worked in over 100 countries for clients such as US government agencies, bilateral donors, multilateral development banks, foundations, and nonprofits.