PYXERA Global (www.PYXERAGlobal.org), an NGO based in Washington, DC, will manage SAP Social Sabbatical for global engagement project in Yerevan, Armenia in October 2018. As part of this project, a team of 12 pro-bono experts will be consulting local non-profit organizations to help bridge the digital divide and prepare youth with skills needed for employment in the 21st century.
PYXERA Global seeks a local coordinator residing in Yerevan to help provide project management and logistical support on a part-time basis in July – October 2018. PYXERA Global is looking for a consultant with excellent knowledge of Yerevan, project management experience, and a professional network related to youth skills development and digital innovation for social good.
APPLICATION DEADLINE JUNE 29th, 2018.
The selected consultant’s main responsibilities will include, but may not be limited to, the following.
- Participate in conference calls with corporate pro bono consultants in advance of their arrival in Yerevan
- Support corporate pro bono consultants, providing advice and guidance on the scope of work delivery
- Act as the on-the-ground interface between PYXERA Global and partners in Yerevan, including regular correspondence with PYXERA Global HQ staff and other stakeholders to assure satisfaction on the part of the pro bono consultants and partners
- Participate in regular meetings with corporate pro bono consultants, as requested
- Prepare financial and final program reports
- Coordinate the kick-off and closing event(s) for pro bono consultants and host organizations
- Prepare Yerevan-related guides and suggestions for team orientation packets
- Orient new corporate pro bono consultants upon arrival in Yerevan
- Manage assignment, work, and project travel logistics for pro bono consultants while they are in Yerevan
- Act as a logistical and informational resource for pro bono consultants and troubleshoot challenges they may face
KNOWLEDGE & SKILL REQUIREMENTS
- University degree in business, social sciences, organizational development, NGO management, international relations, or related field
- At least five years of experience with project management and experience in leading multicultural groups
- Currently residing in Yerevan with in-depth area familiarity
- Detailed and people-oriented
- Experience with fielding and supporting volunteer projects
- Exposure and experience in non-profit and economic development sector, especially focus areas on youth employment, digital innovation, entrepreneurship, and STEM education
- Intermittent availability July - August 2018; continued availability September 29 – October 27, 2018
To apply, please send the following documents to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Yerevan Local Consultant Application” in the subject line:
- Cover letter
- 3 professional references
About the Organization
PYXERA Global is a nonprofit based in Washington, DC that creates groundbreaking partnerships between the public, private, and social sectors that leverage the unique attributes of each to create shared value and innovative solutions to complex challenges. Our initiatives include a wide range of services from local content development, to global pro bono programs, and integrated community development efforts that transform lives and livelihoods. Our clients in the private sector include 3M, IBM, JPMorgan Chase, SAP, and others. For examples of our Global Pro Bono work, feel free to visit our website https://www.pyxeraglobal.org/