PYXERA Global (www.PYXERAGlobal.org), an NGO based in Washington, D.C., will be managing a Global Pro Bono program in Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada scheduled to take place from August 22 – September 5, 2020. PYXERA Global would like to hire a part-time local consultant currently residing in Halifax to provide project management and logistical support to the selected team of corporate employees who will provide pro bono consulting services to local nonprofits and social enterprises.
The selected consultant’s main responsibilities will include, but may not be limited to, the following:
PROJECT DEVELOPMENT & IMPLEMENTATION
- Identify and select potential host client organizations and help to develop Scopes of Work (SOWs) reflecting the specific areas of intervention requested by local host client organizations (mostly nonprofits and social enterprises);
- Support local host organizations in preparing for arrival of corporate volunteers and ensure that stakeholder meetings are arranged;
- Participate in conference calls with corporate volunteers in advance of their arrival in Halifax;
- Support corporate volunteers by providing advice and guidance regarding their scope of work deliverables;
- Act as the on-the-ground interface between PYXERA Global and host organizations in Halifax, including regular correspondence with PYXERA Global DC-based staff and other stakeholders to ensure satisfaction on the part of the corporate volunteers and host organizations;
- Participate in meetings with corporate volunteers, as requested;
- Prepare financial and final program reports.
- Assist in procuring accommodations and transportation for the corporate volunteers in Halifax;
- Coordinate the program opening and closing events for corporate volunteers and host organizations;
- Prepare Halifax-related guides and suggestions for corporate volunteer orientation packets;
- Orient corporate volunteers upon arrival in Halifax;
- Manage assignment, work, and project travel logistics for corporate volunteers while they are in Halifax;
- Act as a logistical and informational resource for corporate volunteers and troubleshoot challenges they may face;
- Monitor and advise on security arrangements for volunteers when they are in
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILL REQUIREMENTS
- Must be based in Halifax with in-depth area familiarity.
- College degree in communications, project management, organizational development, NGO management, or related field.
- Experience working in or connections with the social sector within Halifax.
- Minimum of 5-10 years of experience.
- Experience working with cross-cultural teams and/or skills-based volunteer programs.
- Ability to multi-task and manage diverse tasks simultaneously.
- Flexible and able to work in a team as well as individually with limited supervision.
- Exceptional writing skills and ability to develop scopes of work with limited supervision.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Fluent in English.
- Exceptional customer service, communication, and problem-solving skills.
- Experience in virtual and in-person presentation skills.
This is a part-time consultant position with an estimate timeline of 4 – 5 months. Pay is based on past experience and the type of work required for this position.
Send a resume, cover letter, and salary requirements via e-mail to consultingopportunities@PYXERAGlobal.org Please write “Halifax, Local Consultant” in the subject line of the e-mail. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
About the Organization
PYXERA Global is a nonprofit based in Washington, DC that creates groundbreaking partnerships between the public, private, and social sectors that leverage the unique attributes of each to create shared value and innovative solutions to complex challenges. Our initiatives include a wide range of services from local content development, to global pro bono programs, and integrated community development efforts that transform lives and livelihoods. Our clients in the private sector include 3M, IBM, JPMorgan Chase, SAP, and others. For examples of our Global Pro Bono work, feel free to visit our website https://www.pyxeraglobal.org/