PYXERA Global (www.PYXERAGlobal.org), an NGO based in Washington, DC, will be managing a Global Pro Bono program in Hangzhou, China scheduled to take place from March 28 – April 24, 2020. PYXERA Global would like to hire a part-time local consultant currently residing in Hangzhou to provide project management and logistical support to the selected team of corporate employees who will provide pro-bono consulting services to local non-profits and social enterprises.
The selected consultant’s main responsibilities will include, but may not be limited to, the following.
PROJECT DEVELOPMENT & IMPLEMENTATION
- Identify and select potential clients and help to develop scopes of work (SOWs) reflecting the specific areas of intervention requested by local host organizations (mostly nonprofits, community development social enterprises, and government entities)
- Support local host organizations in preparing for arrival of corporate volunteers, ensuring stakeholder meetings are arranged
- Participate in conference calls with corporate volunteers in advance of their arrival in Hangzhou
- Support corporate volunteers, providing advice and guidance around scope of work delivery
- Act as the on-the-ground interface between PYXERA Global and partners in Hangzhou, including regular correspondence with PYXERA Global HQ staff and other stakeholders to assure satisfaction on the part of the volunteers and partners
- Participate in meetings with corporate volunteers, as requested
- Prepare financial and final program reports
- Assist in procuring accommodations and transportation in Hangzhou
- Coordinate the kick-off and closing event(s) for volunteer groups and host organizations
- Prepare Hangzhou -related guides and suggestions for team orientation packets
- Orient new corporate volunteers upon arrival in Hangzhou
- Manage assignment, work, and project travel logistics for volunteers while they are in Hangzhou
- Act as a logistical and informational resource for volunteers and troubleshoot challenges they may face
- Monitor and advise on security arrangements for volunteers when they are in Hangzhou
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILL REQUIREMENTS
- Must be based in Hangzhou with in-depth area familiarity
- College degree in communications, project management, organizational development, NGO management, or related field
- Minimum of 5-10 years of experience
- Experience working with cross-cultural teams and/or skills-based volunteer programs
- Ability to multi-task and manage diverse tasks simultaneously
- Flexible and able to work in a team as well as individually with limited supervision
- Exceptional writing skills and ability to develop scopes of work with limited supervision
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Fluent in English and Chinese
- Exceptional customer service, communication, and problem-solving skills
- Experience in virtual and in-person presentation skills
This is a part-time consultant position with an estimate timeline of 4 -5 months. Pay is based on past experience and the type of work required for this position.
Send a cover letter, resume, and salary requirements via e-mail to Yuying Li at YLi1@pyxeraglobal.org. Please include the position title in the subject line of the e-mail. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
About the Organization
PYXERA Global is a nonprofit based in Washington, DC that creates groundbreaking partnerships between the public, private, and social sectors that leverage the unique attributes of each to create shared value and innovative solutions to complex challenges. Our initiatives include a wide range of services from local content development, to global pro bono programs, and integrated community development efforts that transform lives and livelihoods. Our clients in the private sector include 3M, IBM, JPMorgan Chase, SAP, and others. For examples of our Global Pro Bono work, feel free to visit our website https://www.pyxeraglobal.org/