PYXERA Global (www.PYXERAGlobal.org), an NGO based in Washington, DC, will be managing a Global Pro Bono program in Mexico City, Mexico, scheduled to take place from February 22nd to March 7th, 2020. PYXERA Global would like to hire a part-time local consultant currently residing in Mexico City to provide project management and logistical support to the selected team of corporate employees from Immediate Start through April 1st, 2020. Possibility of extension based on additional corporate programs.
PYXERA Global is looking for a consultant with excellent knowledge of Mexico City and with project experience and a professional network related to circular economy, climate change (air quality, water quality, renewable energy), workforce development, and/or STEM education.
The selected consultant’s main responsibilities will include, but may not be limited to, the following.
PROJECT DEVELOPMENT & IMPLEMENTATION
· Identify and select potential clients and help to develop scopes of work (SOWs) reflecting the specific areas of intervention requested by local host organizations (mostly nonprofits, community development social enterprises, and government entities)
· Support local host organizations in preparing for arrival of corporate volunteers, ensuring stakeholder meetings are arranged
· Participate in six preparatory conference calls with corporate volunteers in advance of their arrival in Mexico City
· Support corporate volunteers, providing advice and guidance around scope of work delivery
· Act as the on-the-ground interface between PYXERA Global and its partners in Mexico City, including regular correspondence with PYXERA Global HQ staff and other stakeholders to assure satisfaction on the part of the volunteers and partners
· Participate in meetings with corporate volunteers, as requested
· Prepare financial and final program reports
· Assist in procuring accommodations and transportation in Mexico City
· Coordinate the kick-off and closing event(s) for volunteer groups and host organizations
· Provide information and suggestions for Mexico City guides and act as a resource for corporate volunteers to prepare for their travel to Mexico City
· Orient new corporate volunteers upon arrival in Mexico City
· Manage assignment, work, and project travel logistics for volunteers while they are in Mexico City
· Act as a logistical and informational resource for volunteers and troubleshoot challenges they may face
· Monitor and advise on security arrangements for volunteers when they are in Mexico City
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILL REQUIREMENTS
- Must be based in Mexico City, Mexico with in-depth area familiarity
- College degree in communications, project management, organizational development, NGO management, or related field
- Minimum of 5-10 years of experience
- Experience working with cross-cultural teams and/or skills-based volunteer programs
- Ability to multi-task and manage diverse tasks simultaneously
- Flexible and able to work in a team as well as individually with limited supervision
- Exceptional writing skills and ability to develop scopes of work with limited supervision
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Fluent in English and Spanish
- Exceptional customer service, communication, and problem-solving skills
- Experience in virtual and in-person presentation skills
- Knowledge of one or more of the following critical topics: raw materials, water, energy and climate, health and safety, environment, or education and development.
- Intermittent availability starting immediately through April 1st, 2020; continued availability February 22nd to March 7th, 2020.
This is a part-time consultant position with an estimate timeline of 4-5 months. Pay is based on past experience and the type of work required for this position.
Send a cover letter, resume, and salary requirements via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the position title in the subject line of the e-mail. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.