Since 2001, Dexis has provided innovative management solutions for a secure and prosperous world. In the last three years alone, Dexis has worked in 90 countries supporting critical missions of agencies in the global development and security assistance space. With triple digit growth in recent years, Dexis was ranked in the top 10 consulting firms by funding at the US Agency for International Development in FY16 and FY17. Dexis was also among the highest rated employers on Glassdoor, where many of its 250-plus employees cited a people-centered leadership and culture as the main drivers to its success.
Dexis is seeking a Local Consuant in Morocco to provide logistical and technical (research, data collection and analysis) support to the evaluation team for the evaluation of the Department of State’s (DOS) Bureau of Educational and Cultural Affairs (ECA) National Security Language Initiative for Youth (NSLI-Y). The evaluation will examine the degree to which the NSLI-Y program is meeting its states goals and outcomes and the degree to which the NSLI-Y program helps advance DOS strategic policy priorities. The NSLI-Y program provides scholarships to U.S. high school students and recent graduates to spend a summer or academic year studying one of eight (8) languages (Arabic, Chinese, Hindi, Indonesian, Korean, Tajik, Russian, or Turkish) while immersed in the culture and day-to-day life of the host country while living with a host family.
This is a short-term consultancy opportunity. The contract will run from October 1, 2018 – September 30, 2020, and travel to the selected countries will take place during this time period. This position is contingent upon task order award.
- Provide contextual information to the evaluation team
- Assist in locating and contacting key NSLI-Y stakeholders including host families, implementing partners, host institutions, and others
- Contribute to a draft interviewee list by identifying NSLI-Y stakeholders in country
- Create a proposed list and calendar for interviews and share with Dexis once before fieldwork
- Arrange in-country meetings and provide logistical support for the evaluation team, as needed
- Provide translation services to the evaluation team as necessary
- Take detailed notes, following Dexis’ guidance, at each interview and focus group and submit the notes to the evaluation team as necessary. Notes must follow the template which will be provided by Dexis
- Other in-country support services as needed in order for the evaluation team to conduct field visits.
- A Bachelor’s is preferred but not required
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Ability to translate from local language (Chinese, Arabic, Hindi, Korean, Russian, Tajik, Turkish) to English and vice versa
- Professional English proficiency. Fluency in local language is imperative
- Experience with logistics, including scheduling meetings and interviews
- Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) expertise and experience is desirable
- Any knowledge of donor assistance in cultural and language exchange programs is highly desirable
- Excellent communication skills
Dexis is an equal opportunity employer offering employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, citizenship, physical or mental handicap, or status as a disabled or Vietnam Era veteran of the US Armed Forces.