PYXERA Global, an NGO based in Washington, D.C., will be managing an international corporate volunteer (global pro bono) program based in Mauritius, scheduled to take place at or around Port Louis, from 28th March 2020 to 25th April 2020. PYXERA Global is hiring a consultant currently residing in or near to Port Louis to provide project and logistical support to the selected team of corporate participants. The selected consultant’s main responsibilities will include, but may not be limited to, the following:
DURATION: The contract will start from 16th December 2019 and the duration will be till 27th April 2020. The consultant will be required to work part time from 16th Dec 2019 till 27th March 2020 and full time from 28th March to 27th April 2020. Total time commitment during the contract period is between 240 to 260 hours.
Project Development and Implementation:
- Participate in conference calls with India and Washington-DC based team
- Conduct in-person, relationship-building meetings with key stakeholders who are employed by or affiliated with local NGOs and social enterprises based in and around Port Louis, Mauritius
- Conduct additional meetings, as needed, with key stakeholders to outline program requirements and objectives
- Maintain regular communication with key stakeholders to ensure understanding of the program, roles and responsibilities, and expectations at all stages of the program
- Development of key program documents as identified by DC office Program Manager and corporate client
- Serves as the on-the-ground interface (along with Program Manager) between PYXERA Global, the corporate client, and identified key social sector stakeholders within Mauritius.
- Coordinate program activities with fellows
- Provide overall leadership on all program logistics, including coordinating daily transportation, travel between locations, project supplies, and overall support for corporate consultants during the duration of the contract and specifically during deployment of the team from 28th March ’20 to 25th April ’20.
- Identify and confirm local accommodations and transportation options for presentation to Client Management Team and Client Security Team
- Deliver program orientation for key stakeholders before team arrival in March, and support with on the ground orientation for corporate consultants
- Identify potential Community Service Day projects and sites around Port Louis and provide support to the local corporate client to plan and implement
- Act as a logistical, informational, and cultural resource for participants and troubleshoot any challenges they may face for the duration of their time in Mauritius
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILL REQUIREMENTS
- Graduate degree in international relations, public health, communications, organizational development, NGO management, or related field experience
- Demonstrated skill and experience in multi-sector and multi-stakeholder partnership management, highly desired
- Demonstrated skill and experience in program management and logistics coordination
- Demonstrated skills in financial management, highly desired
- High-level fluency in English and French, required
- Experience in project management and in leading multicultural groups
- Experience/familiarity with the social sector in Mauritius a plus
- Solution-oriented, flexible with changing priorities, and exhibits a calm and positive outlook in the face of challenges
- Attention to detail and intercultural competence and experience in the non-profit sector a plus
- Currently residing in or near Port Louis, Mauritius and willingness to travel to and from project sites in Mauritius
- Interest in Corporate Social Responsibility/Corporate Philanthropy
TO APPLY: Send a cover letter, resume, and salary requirements via e-mail by November 25th, 2019 to email@example.com. Please include ‘Local Consultant Mauritius 2020’ in the subject line of the e-mail. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
About the Organization
PYXERA Global is a nonprofit based in Washington, DC that creates groundbreaking partnerships between the public, private, and social sectors that leverage the unique attributes of each to create shared value and innovative solutions to complex challenges. Our initiatives include a wide range of services from local content development, to global pro bono programs, and integrated community development efforts that transform lives and livelihoods. Our clients in the private sector include 3M, IBM, JPMorgan Chase, SAP, and others. For examples of our Global Pro Bono work, feel free to visit our website https://www.pyxeraglobal.org/