PYXERA Global (www.PYXERAGlobal.org), an NGO based in Washington, DC, will manage an international corporate volunteer consulting project in Washington, D.C., scheduled for October 26-November 16, 2019. PYXERA Global seeks a local consultant currently residing in Washington, D.C. to help provide project management and logistical support to the team of 16 corporate volunteers matched to skills-based consulting projects that build the organizational capacity of four local non-profit organizations. This is a paid position and rates are based on past salary history along with current market rates.
PYXERA Global is looking for a consultant with excellent knowledge of Washington, D.C. and with project experience and a professional network related to community development, urban revitalization, workforce readiness, financial capability, and related economic development sectors.
The selected consultant’s main responsibilities will include, but may not be limited to, the following.
PROJECT DEVELOPMENT & IMPLEMENTATION
- Help to develop scopes of work (SOWs) reflecting the specific areas of intervention requested by local host organizations (mostly nonprofits and community development social enterprises)
- Support local host organizations in preparing for arrival of corporate volunteers, ensuring stakeholder meetings are arranged
- Participate in conference calls with corporate volunteers in advance of their arrival in Washington, D.C.
- Support corporate volunteers, providing advice and guidance around scope of work delivery
- Act as the on-the-ground interface between PYXERA Global and partners in Washington, D.C., including regular correspondence with PYXERA Global HQ staff and other stakeholders to assure satisfaction on the part of the volunteers and partners
- Participate in regular meetings with corporate volunteers, as requested
- Prepare financial and final program reports
- Assist in procuring accommodations and transportation for volunteers in Washington, D.C.
- Coordinate the kick-off and closing event(s) for volunteer groups and host organizations
- Prepare Washington, D.C.-related guides and suggestions for team orientation packets
- Orient new corporate volunteers upon arrival in Washington, D.C.
- Manage assignment, work, and project travel logistics for volunteers while they are in Washington, D.C.
- Act as a logistical and informational resource for volunteers and troubleshoot challenges they may face
KNOWLEDGE & SKILL REQUIREMENTS
- College degree in business, social sciences, organizational development, NGO management, international relations, or related field
- At least five years of experience with project management and experience in leading multicultural groups
- Currently residing in Washington, D.C. with in-depth area familiarity
- Detailed and people-oriented
- Experience with fielding and supporting volunteer projects
- Exposure and experience in non-profit and economic development sector
- Intermittent availability July-December 2019; continued availability October 26 November 16, 2019
To apply, please send the following documents to email@example.com with “Washington, D.C. Local Consultant Application” in the subject line:
- Cover letter
- 3 Professional references
About the Organization
PYXERA Global is a nonprofit based in Washington, DC that creates groundbreaking partnerships between the public, private, and social sectors that leverage the unique attributes of each to create shared value and innovative solutions to complex challenges. Our initiatives include a wide range of services from local content development, to global pro bono programs, and integrated community development efforts that transform lives and livelihoods. Our clients in the private sector include 3M, IBM, JPMorgan Chase, SAP, and others. For examples of our Global Pro Bono work, feel free to visit our website https://www.pyxeraglobal.org/