ME&A is seeking a Local Data Analyst Specialist to support USAID/Guatemala to
develop a consolidated database that includes information on the origin of migrants and their migration journey.
The Local Data Analysis Specialist will be a member of the Data Analysis Team carrying out this task, which will be coordinated by the USAID/El Salvador Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning Initiative (the Initiative), implemented by ME&A.
The Local Data Analysis Specialist will be responsible for providing advice about statistical methods and developing data analysis using univariate and multivariate regression models, in regard to the migration data and other variables, including socioeconomic, sociodemographic, and security data. He/she will be responsible for data normalization for the required analyses. The migration data will be disaggregated by place of birth, place of last residence, sex disaggregation, age disaggregation, geographic disaggregation, family units and unaccompanied children, among others.
The expert will work under the supervision of the M&E Specialist of the USAID/El Salvador Initiative in coordination with the USAID/Guatemala Deputy Director of Planning and Program Office (PPSO) and the Migration Team.
Position title: Local Data Analysis Specialist
Location: Guatemala/El Salvador
Position Type: Short-Term Duration of the assignment: ~145 working days divided in 6 months Estimated start date: January 2021. Estimated end date: June 2021.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- Education: Master’s degree in fields such as economics, sociology, or political science. Formal trainee in statistics is a plus.
- Technical Experience: He/she should be highly experienced with descriptive and inferential statistics.
- Language proficiency: American English Level III and Spanish Level IV.
- Work experience:
- At least 6 years of experience in data management and analysis using quantitative and qualitative methods for different types of research and evaluations.
- At least 6 years of experience managing and analyzing socio-economic, sociodemographic and citizen security variables.
- Experience in Latin America or Central America is an advantage.
- Management of databases in SPSS, Stata, R or other statistical software.
- Knowledge of the migration phenomenon in Central American countries is required.
- Experience with management of multidisciplinary teams is a plus.
- Familiarity with USAID’s objectives, approaches, operations, and policies, particularly as they relate to evaluations is a plus.
All applications and CVs must be submitted in English.
ME&A, Inc. is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. ME&A will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with Title VII of the Civil Rights Act and the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990. For our EEO Policy Statement and a copy of our EEO Policy Statement and information on your EEO rights under the law.
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.
About the Organization
ME&A is a qualified small business, dedicated to providing creative solutions for economic development and social development throughout the world. Our Core Areas of Concentration include Monitoring & Evaluations, Economic and Community Development, Public Administration and Governance, and Business Development and Technology Transfer.
ME&A implements the five-year Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (M&E&L) initiative for the USAID Mission in El Salvador. ME&A's team provides USAID/El Salvador and potentially other missions in the region continued performance monitoring, verification, GIS services and evaluation support to measure program impact, results and achievements.