Social Impact is a global development management consulting firm. We provide monitoring, evaluation, strategic planning, and capacity building services to advance development effectiveness. We work across all development sectors including democracy and governance, health and education, the environment, and economic growth. Since 1997 we have worked in over 100 countries for clients such as US government agencies, bilateral donors, multilateral development banks, foundations, and nonprofits.
SI is pursuing a bid for three Impact Evaluations and one Performance Evaluation of MCC’s Mozambique Land Tenure Services Project, to assess the effectiveness and sustainability of their land sector investments in the four northern provinces of Mozambique. The evaluation is expected to be conducted during a nine-month base period, plus a two-year option period, following award. Award is anticipated in September 2018.
**Please note: This is a local position. Only candidates who hold Mozambican citizenship will be considered. **
SI is seeking a Mozambican Local Field Data Coordinator to support in the implementation and logistics of this analysis and evaluation. This will be a part-time consulting opportunity over the entire period of performance, with full-time effort possible around times of data collection.
- Liaise with key stakeholders in-country.
- Assist evaluation team with design, background research, and development of data collection instruments as needed.
- Assist in obtaining data, sampling frames, and other information from local organizations/agencies.
- Arrange logistics and confirm appointments for evaluation team’s meetings and interviews.
- Facilitate obtaining appropriate local permissions as needed to conduct the evaluation.
- Play critical role in overseeing data collection, provide quality assurance including back checks of survey data.
- As needed, provide interpreting services during meetings for expatriate members of the team.
- As needed, prepare minutes of meetings, as well as background documents, for the team in a timely manner.
- Participate in qualitative data collection activities.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher required.
- Three or more years of experience in overseeing and managing the implementing of quantitative, qualitative, and administrative data collection in Mozambique.
- Demonstrated ability to coordinate effectively with local institutions, including local utilities, NGOs, and government agencies for the design and implementation of evaluations, including problem solving.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills; excellent interpersonal skills.
- Prior experience overseeing logistics for evaluation teams and/or quantitative. or qualitative data collection desirable.
- Familiarity with land sector stakeholders strongly preferred.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively within the context of a larger team.
- English proficiency (written and oral) required.
- Fluency in Portuguese (written and oral) required.
- Willingness and ability to travel throughout Mozambique.
Come join our energetic and innovative team! We offer you the opportunity to play a leading role in the growth of our company, work as part of a creative and committed team, and make a difference in the well-being of our world.
To learn more about Social Impact, please visit our website: http://www.socialimpact.com
SI is an EEO/AA/ADA Veterans Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Only selected candidates will be contacted for an interview. Please, no phone calls.
About the Organization
Social Impact (SI) is a Washington, DC-area international development management consulting firm. We provide services globally in the areas of monitoring and evaluation, strategic planning, project and program design, organizational capacity building, and gender and social analysis. SI services cross-cut all development sectors including democracy and governance, health and education, the environment, and economic growth. SI’s clients include US government agencies such as USAID, the Millennium Challenge Corporation, the US Department of State, bilateral donors, multilateral development banks, foundations, and non-profits.