The Cloudburst Group is anticipating the award of a mid-term performance evaluation for USAID/Malawi of the Local Government Accountability and Performance Activity (LGAP). LGAP supports the Government of Malawi to decentralize personnel, finances, and service delivery responsibilities to from the central government to local government councils. The goal of this evaluation is to assess the relevance and effectiveness of LGAP interventions in advancing the activity’s purpose. This posting is to recruit a local governance expert for the evaluation team.
The local governance expert will advise questionnaire design and all interview guides and subsequent interview analysis. The consultant will also participate in evaluation activities and may be assigned specific tasks by the Team Leader as appropriate, to include designing and conducting surveys, key informant interviews and guides, and focus group discussions and discussion guides with diverse types of respondents across Malawi, including Government of Malawi officials and local government actors, donors, and implementers (local and international).
Period of Performance: August through December 2020
Minimum Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Senior expertise in democracy, governance, and rule of law.
- Detailed knowledge of Malawi’s democratic transition, central government, and decentralization efforts.
- Familiar with key stakeholders and actors in democracy and governance reform in Malawi.
- Five years experience in designing, managing, researching, evaluating, or other engagement with democracy and governance activities in Malawi.
- Proven experience in conducting evaluations in Malawi or Southern Africa in the areas of democracy and governance, particularly rule of law and justice reform.
- Experience in democracy and governance evaluations for USAID or other donors in Malawi or Southern Africa is strongly preferred.
- Must have experience in drafting high quality reports.
- Fluent in spoken and written English, knowledge of Chewa or other local languages preferred
About the Organization
The Cloudburst Group is a small consulting business with its main office in Landover, MD. Cloudburst is considered a leader in optimizing the effectiveness and sustainability of public/private programs that target underserved populations and support communities domestically and internationally. Our services include research, evaluation, planning, management consulting and technical assistance, communications and performance measurement.
The Cloudburst Group is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, national origin, age, veteran status, disability or genetics, or any other protected class. Cloudburst will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled