IBTCI is seeking a Local Livelihoods Specialist for the Final Evaluation of USAID’s Protecting Ecosystems and Restoring Forests in Malawi (PERFORM) project. The purpose of this project is to align Malawi’s Growth and Development Strategy (MGDS) and to promote forest conservation and green growth. The primary purpose of the PERFORM performance evaluation is to assess the effectiveness of this USAID funded activity, considering both its design and implementation processes. Additionally, through this evaluation, USAID seeks strategic and programmatic options for future engagement to support Natural Resource Management in Malawi. Must be a Malawi National. The evaluation is expected to start mid-March to late April 2019 (eight weeks).
Essential Duties/Tasks and Responsibilities:
Tasks for the position could include, but not be limited to:
- Participate in team meetings, key informant interviews, group meetings, site visits;
- Draft the sections of the report relevant to his/her expertise and role in the team;
- Participate in presenting the report to USAID or other stakeholders;
- Responsible for addressing pertinent comments provided by USAID/Malawi or other stakeholders; and
- Support all deliverables and activities under the evaluation.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- USAID experience with Livelihoods projects/interventions
- Experience conducting quantitative and qualitative assessments;
- Familiarity with USAID regulations and systems including performance monitoring, gender policies and guidance, project management, budgeting, financial analysis, and reporting;
- Experience in international donor development program management including overseeing multiple program areas simultaneously preferred; and
- Oral and written proficiency in the local language preferred.
- Malawian national with at least four years of field experience in evaluation preferably with some sectoral experience in livelihoods;
- Previous USAID experience required; and
- Oral and written fluency in English required.
Education: Have a postgraduate degree in international development, sustainable livelihoods, economic growth, natural resources, environment, or a related field.
Working Environment: Work is typically performed in an office environment.
Physical Requirements: This is largely a sedentary position that requires the ability to speak, hear, see, and lift small objects up to 20 lbs.
Supervisory Responsibility: This position does not have supervisory responsibilities.
Travel: Local travel required.
No phone calls please. All candidates will be acknowledged, but only final candidates for particular activities will be contacted.
About the Organization
International Business & Technical Consultants, Inc. (IBTCI), a U.S. based international development consulting company established in 1987, has worked in over one hundred countries and implemented over two hundred projects. IBTCI serves government agencies, private sector companies, and several donor agencies. IBTCI specializes in Monitoring & Evaluation (M&E) across many sectors including, but not limited to, conflict and crisis, democracy and governance, economic growth, education, environment, and global health.