Job Title: Local Monitoring & Evaluation Specialist
Reports To: Team Leader
Type: Consultant Overview:
International Business & Technical Consultants, Inc. (IBTCI) is seeking an experienced Malagasy Monitoring & Evaluation Specialist for the anticipated USAID Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning Project (MEL) in Madagascar. This is a mission-wide platform that will provide monitoring, evaluation, and learning (MEL) services to USAID/Madagascar and its implementing partners (IPs). Essential Duties/Tasks and Responsibilities:
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Support design and development of MEL systems and processes, as required to meet USAID/Madagascar objectives;
- Support MEL capacity building efforts for USAID, implementing partners, and relevant project MEL and technical staff;
- Liaise with key local stakeholders and subcontractor(s);
- Support assessment and evaluation teams, organize fieldwork, and contribute to key project documents such as work plans, reports, and presentations as needed;
- Oversight and implementation of data collection efforts related to MEL services, e.g. baseline assessments, performance evaluations, and data quality assessments (DQA);
- Conduct interviews with local stakeholders and facilitate focus group discussions as needed;
- Support analysis of MEL data for internal and external reporting, using dynamic data visualizations.
- Apply standards of data quality, integrity, precision, validity, reliability, and timeliness related to monitoring and evaluation processes, per USAID standards and regulations;
- Manage information transfers between data systems and evaluation teams; and
- Other tasks as directed by the Team Leader.
- At least 5 years’ experience supporting MEL activities, preferably with USAID-funded programs. May include developing performance monitoring plans, indicator tracking processes and systems, surveys, and other measurement tools and instruments; planning and managing research and evaluation efforts; conducting key stakeholder interviews and/or focus group discussions; recruiting and supervising enumerators and consultants, and training staff and enumerators in data collection processes and standards;
- Excellent analytic skills, oral and written communication skills, interpersonal skills, and ability to work within a diverse, multi-disciplinary team;
- Experience with programming focused on health, food security food aid, environment, climate change, and/or gender equality is preferred;
- Knowledge and understanding of USAID monitoring, evaluation, and learning (MEL) policy and Automated Directives System (ADS) preferred;
- Experience with data collection efforts using mobile technologies and GPS mapping a plus; and
- Experience in training others in data collection and management a plus.
- Must have at least five years of experience in design and implementation of qualitative and quantitative inquiry methods and results, preferably with programs funded by international donors such as USAID; and
- Must be fluent in oral and written French with professional fluency in English.
Work is typically performed in an office environment, with some time spent in the field.Education:
Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent in International Development, Global Affairs, Public Health, Environmental Science, Statistics, Economics, or related fields is required; Master’s degree preferred.Supervisory Responsibility:
This position does not have supervisory requirements.Travel:
Travel to field sites is required.No phone calls, please. All candidates will be acknowledged, but only final candidates for particular activities will be contacted.
IBTCI is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity for all persons without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, national origin, disabled veteran or Vietnam-era veteran, or any other classification protected by applicable anti-discrimination laws. We prohibit and do not tolerate any form of discrimination or harassment.
About the Organization
International Business & Technical Consultants, Inc. (IBTCI), a U.S. based international development consulting firm established in 1987, has worked in over one hundred countries and implemented over three hundred projects. IBTCI serves government agencies, private sector companies, and several donor agencies. IBTCI specializes in the provision of Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning (MEL) services across many technical sectors including, but not limited to, conflict and crisis, democracy and governance, economic growth, education, environment, and global health.