To support PSE Policy implementation, the Promoting Excellence in Private Sector Engagement (PEPSE) mechanism, implemented by Resonance Global, procures services for the U.S. Global Development Labs Center for Transformational Partnerships (CTP) – the future PSE Hub under the new Development, Democracy, and Innovation(DDI) Bureau and the Agency’s Missions, Bureaus, and Independent Offices (MBIOs). PEPSE provides MBIOs and CTP with access to communication, technical, and institutional support services that facilitate PSE to achieve sustainable development impact.
PEPSE’s technical and advisory services support MBIOs in gaining a deeper understanding of the private sector, building MBIO PSE capacity, furthering strategic collaboration with the private sector, and embracing market-based approaches to development challenges. Activities include, but are not limited to, PSE trainings, visioning workshops, co-creation, desk research, strategy design support, and private sector landscape assessments (PSLAs).
USAID/RDMA is developing a new Regional Development Cooperation Strategy for Asia (RDCS) for
2020–2025 and aims to incorporate private-sector perspectives and insights into the design of its RDCS.
The RDCS will be designed to further regional sustainable development; align with the Mission’s
approach in support of the Indo-Pacific Vision; and catalyze regional PSE opportunities in three sectors—energy, digital economy, and natural resource management (NRM) (specifically wildlife, marine/fisheries, and GIS tools for NRM decision making). PEPSE is currently supporting RDMA in the implementation of the USAID PSE Policy by completing a two-part scope of work, comprised of an Internal Assessment and a Private-Sector Landscape Assessment (PSLA).
Resonance is looking for two Local PSE Specialists based in Vietnam and Thailand to support the PSLA to be conducted during Phase 2 of the engagement. The PSLA will cover three sectors: digital economy, energy, and natural resource management (NRM) (specifically wildlife, marine/fisheries, and GIS tools for NRM decision making). Throughout the engagement, PEPSE will consider the unique role played by USAID/RDMA as a regional Mission in Asia, as well as the role of regional institutions and partners, by specifically focusing on how to strategically engage the private sector across countries in the region and/or on regional issues. This will include helping the Mission understand the private sector’s interests, motivations, perspectives, challenges, and goals as well as identify strategic and regional PSE opportunities available to USAID.
This activity is occurring in two Phases, Phase 1 focused on desk research and strategically selected remote interviews and was conducted between May 2020 and August 2020. Phase 2 will be conducted between September 2020 and November 2020, with an expected 15-20 days of LOE (LOE may change based on client demand). This will include an estimated two weeks of in-person interviews, if possible given travel restrictions, in Southeast Asia.
- Under Phase 2, the Local PSE Specialists will collaborate closely with Technical Sector Leads, the Activity Manager, the Research Coordinator, and relevant USAID stakeholders. Specifically, the Local PSE Specialists will:
- Identify and connect with relevant private sector stakeholders for interviews
- Interview strategically selected private sector actors independently
- Analyze interview results to identify private sector priorities, interests, and challenges
- Lead or co-lead interviews, especially interviews with Vietnamese or Thai speakers, to better understand private sector needs and priorities
- Assist in analysis by helping to identify themes that emerge, exploring PSE challenges and opportunities
- Serve as a local resource when needed for the PSLA
Required Education and Experience
- Minimum of five (5) years of progressive experience working with the private sector or in Private Sector Engagement
- Knowledge or contacts of the NRM, energy, and/or digital economy sectors
- Master’s degree in relevant technical area required or equivalent experience
- Demonstrated leadership and interpersonal skills
- Strong written and oral presentation skills
- Experience working with USAID or other large government or donor entities
- Based in Thailand or Vietnam required
- Strong English skills required
Preferred Education, Experience, & Competencies
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. Only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted. No phone calls please. Resonance is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- Experience with public-private partnerships strongly preferred
- Familiarity with more than one of the three target sectors
- Vietnamese or Thai language skills preferred
About the Organization
Resonance is an award-winning frontier market solutions firm based in Burlington, Vermont that helps a variety of donor, commercial and investor clients around the world to catalyze lasting impact. We envision a prosperous and just world of thriving markets, healthy ecosystems, and vibrant communities where business, governments and citizens work together creating a better world for all.
Resonance seeks to catalyze large-scale social, environmental, and economic change by fostering new and dynamic forms of collaboration. We do this by fostering public-private partnerships, facilitating sustainable investment, and providing deep analytical insights in frontier markets. We strive to merge strategic insight with practical on-the-ground knowledge into an integrated approach that emphasizes results.
Resonance was recently named one of Inc. 5000’s fastest growing privately-held companies. We seek candidates who are ready to apply their analytical and problem-solving skills to some of our planet’s greatest challenges in an entrepreneurial, fun, and fast-paced environment. We are looking for passionate and committed people who can work in a highly collaborative environment to deliver results for our clients and stakeholders around the world.