PYXERA Global (www.PYXERAGlobal.org), an NGO based in Washington, DC, will manage an international pro-bono consulting project in Kathmandu, Nepal in the summer of 2018. PYXERA Global seeks a local consultant residing in Kathmandu to help provide project management and logistical support. As part of this project, a team of 12 pro-bono experts will work together with local educational and non-profit organizations on various consulting projects that build the organizational capacity of local non-profit organizations. This is a paid position and rates are based on past salary history along with current market rates.
PYXERA Global is looking for a consultant with excellent knowledge of Kathmandu, project management experience, and a professional network related to community development, workforce readiness, youth skills development, and related economic development sectors.
The selected consultant’s main responsibilities will include, but may not be limited to, the following.
PROJECT DEVELOPMENT & IMPLEMENTATION
- Help PYXERA Global Project Managers to develop relationships, set meetings, and develop consulting projects and detailed scopes of work requested by selected local host organizations
- Arrange stakeholder meetings and support local organizations with project kick-off
- Support local host organizations in preparing for arrival of corporate pro bono consultants, ensuring stakeholder meetings are arranged
- Participate in conference calls with corporate pro bono consultants in advance of their arrival in Kathmandu
- Support corporate pro bono consultants, providing advice and guidance on scope of work delivery
- Act as the on-the-ground interface between PYXERA Global and partners in Kathmandu, including regular correspondence with PYXERA Global HQ staff and other stakeholders to assure satisfaction on the part of the pro bono consultants and partners
- Participate in regular meetings with corporate pro bono consultants, as requested
- Prepare financial and final program reports
- Assist in procuring accommodations and transportation for pro bono consultants in Kathmandu
- Coordinate the kick-off and closing event(s) for pro bono consultants and host organizations
- Prepare Kathmandu-related guides and suggestions for team orientation packets
- Orient new corporate pro bono consultants upon arrival in Kathmandu
- Manage assignment, work, and project travel logistics for pro bono consultants while they are in Kathmandu
- Act as a logistical and informational resource for pro bono consultants and troubleshoot challenges they may face
KNOWLEDGE & SKILL REQUIREMENTS
- College degree in business, social sciences, organizational development, NGO management, international relations, or related field
- At least five years of experience with project management and experience in leading multicultural groups
- Currently residing in Kathmandu with in-depth area familiarity
- Detailed and people-oriented
- Experience with fielding and supporting volunteer projects
- Exposure and experience in non-profit and economic development sector, especially focus areas on youth employment, digital innovation, entrepreneurship, and STEM education
- Intermittent availability May – July 2018; continued availability July 7 – August 4, 2018
To apply, please send the following documents to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Kathmandu Local Consultant Application” in the subject line:
- Cover letter
- 3 professional references
About the Organization
PYXERA Global is a nonprofit based in Washington, DC that creates groundbreaking partnerships between the public, private, and social sectors that leverage the unique attributes of each to create shared value and innovative solutions to complex challenges. Our initiatives include a wide range of services from local content development, to global pro bono programs, and integrated community development efforts that transform lives and livelihoods. Our clients in the private sector include IBM, Pfizer, Pepsi, SAP, and others. Our clients in the public sector include USAID and the World Bank. A few examples of our work include:
- Developing an innovative local content development program so that small businesses in Mozambique can become robust suppliers to the oil industry—creating jobs and increasing incomes;
- Working with John Deere in India to improve the well-being of people in three rural communities by helping farmers increase their revenues through improvements of their agricultural production practices, updating village infrastructure, and conducting activities with parents and school children to increase learning and reduce drop-outs;
- Implementing a corporate volunteer program for IBM that enables NGOs and social enterprises in 30 countries to access pro bono services to help them to grow and thrive.
To learn more about us, please visit our website: www.pyxeraglobal.org.