Local Research Specialist, Rapid Education Risk Analysis, Morocco
Social Impact (SI) is a global development management consulting firm. We provide monitoring, evaluation, strategic planning, and capacity building services to advance development effectiveness. We work across all development sectors including democracy and governance, health and education, the environment, and economic growth. Since 1997 we have worked in over 100 countries for clients such as US government agencies, bilateral donors, multilateral development banks, foundations, and nonprofits.
At the request of the United States Agency for International Development (USAID) Middle East Bureau, SI is conducting a Rapid Education Risk Analysis (RERA) of the Morocco education sector. The purpose of this RERA is to provide a situational analysis of violence in education institutions, among learners, and their communities. The Assessment will investigate how risk affects the school community, how education influences risks, and how contextual risks influence each other. It will investigate the dynamic system of relationships involving assets and multiple contextual risks.
*** This is a local position. Only Moroccan citizens will be considered.***
SI is recruiting three Research Specialists to conduct a RERA of the education sector in Morocco. This position is a short-term consultancy and will be require approximately 2-4 weeks of fieldwork in Morocco between mid-April to mid-May. The current estimated level of effort for this position is 20 days.
- Support the Team Leader’s efforts in assessment design, methodology, and data collection instruments, as requested.
- Schedule and facilitate key informant interviews and focus group discussions.
- Take detailed field notes, regularly uploading to a shared site throughout fieldwork.
- Support the preparation and presentation of the key findings and recommendations to USAID at the conclusion of data collection.
- Write assigned section of the draft RERA report in coordination with the Team Leader and other team members, taking into consideration feedback from the preliminary findings presentation.
- Support the revision process to develop a final report, responding to feedback from USAID and any other stakeholders.
- Work collaboratively as part of a team throughout design, data collection, analysis, and report writing.
Specific Contributions of Moroccan Researchers
- Provide expertise on the Moroccan education system.
- Act as focal points for identifying and organizing contacts and scheduling meetings, interviews with key stakeholders and partners. This includes: establishing productive working relationships with national and local educational administration, community leaders, parents, and youth for the purpose of conducting data collection in urban and rural schools.
- An ability to provide literature and/or knowledge on community- and school-based violence as it impacts the Moroccan education system.
- Master’s degree in Education, International Affairs, Economics, Public Policy, or similar field.
- Minimum of 3 years relevant experience conducting assessments/evaluations/research activities.
- Prior experience conducting qualitative interviews and analyzing qualitative data.
- Strong writing and analytical skills and demonstrated ability to produce high quality written deliverables.
- Extensive knowledge of the Moroccan education sector, including familiarity with public school system and Ministry of National Education policies and processes.
- English fluency required, Arabic and/or French speaking fluency strongly preferred.
To learn more about Social Impact, please visit our website: http://www.socialimpact.com
SI is an EEO/AA/ADA Veterans Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Only selected candidates will be contacted for an interview. Please, no phone calls.
About the Organization
Social Impact is a global development management consulting firm. We provide monitoring, evaluation, strategic planning, and capacity building services to advance development effectiveness. We work across all development sectors including democracy and governance, health and education, the environment, and economic growth. Since 1997 we have worked in over 100 countries for clients such as US government agencies, bilateral donors, multilateral development banks, foundations, and nonprofits.