Level of Effort: 30 days over a period of 5 months
Period of Performance: July- December 2020
Description of Work:
In close collaboration with the PMC DRC program and new business development teams, the consultant will create a strategic fundraising plan and timeline for identifying appropriate funding sources in support of PMC programming in DRC. Once created, the consultant will take the lead on implementing the plan, including (but not limited to):
- Identifying and holding key informant interviews with potential partners or program stakeholders to inform program design, including national and/or local health officials, family planning and/or sexual reproductive health service providers, and other relevant stakeholders.
- Identifying and holding meetings with key donor agencies to validate or understand funding priorities, funding availability, and interest in PMC’s approach and programming. Most meetings will take place in DR Congo, but some will require remote connection with those out of the country.
- Supporting the writing of proposals to share with interested donors, both as unsolicited proposals as well as in response to solicited opportunities.
Through these meetings and endeavors to obtain funding for PMC programming, the consultant will lay the foundation for continuing PMC’s work in DRC. Should the consultant be successful in obtaining program funding, there is the opportunity to discuss moving from a consulting contract to a full-time employee leading the implementation of the new program.
The consultant will be responsible for the following deliverables on a weekly basis:
- Weekly calendar of key information and donor meetings, including the intended result of the meeting and information to be shared by consultant, to be reviewed by PMC staff before meetings take place.
- Meeting notes, including follow up actions and timeline for follow up, delivered within one week of meetings.
- Proposed PMC strategy for work in DRC based on the information gathered through discussions with PMC staff, stakeholders and potential donors.
The consultant may be asked to take the lead on the following activities, as necessary:
- Program design written in proposal text for identified donors, as necessary.
- Arranging logistics for PMC staff visiting the DRC.
- Participating in program design discussions with PMC HQ staff.
- Required fluency in French and professional proficiency in English
- Demonstrated experience and network within the international donor community within DRC
- Demonstrated knowledge of program design and proposal writing
- Understanding of and commitment to social behavior change, family planning and/or sexual reproductive health issues, population issues, and/or gender equity
Applicants are requested to email full, current CV in reverse chronological format and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please refer to ‘DRC Resource Mobilization’ in the subject line. Applications that do not meet the minimum requirements listed above will not be considered. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. No phone calls will be accepted.
About the Organization
Population Media Center (PMC) is a U.S.-headquartered 501(c)(3) organization with 20 years of experience in over 50 countries, specializing in social behavior change communications (SBCC) using mass-media dramas that lead to widespread, measurable change.
PMC is committed to diversity equity and inclusion in all of its operations – in the U.S. and globally. We encourage applications from women and underrepresented ethnic, racial and cultural groups. PMC is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.