Local Senior Performance Monitoring Specialist
For the USAID/ Egypt Services to Improve Performance Management Enhance Learning and Evaluation project (SIMPLE)
The Local Senior Performance Monitoring Specialist will work on the remainder of a five-year, USAID-funded project in Egypt to improve performance management for the Egypt Mission, to make better informed, strategic and management decisions, and improve reporting mechanisms, products and systems.
The purpose of SIMPLE is to execute a host of services to improve efficiency of programs implemented by the Mission’s Technical Offices. These services include activity and project designs, assessments, evaluations, management of information and reporting and mapping. In addition, technical assistance is to be provided to the Program Office and Technical Offices to collect and disseminate public information and enhance the quality of data.
The individual will help build the capacity of USAID staff and implementing partners to effectively monitor the performance of USAID programming in order to ensure that Mission data are being captured and reported accurately. This includes trainings on performance management systems, data quality expectations, setting baselines and targets, and data collection and analysis methodss.
Duties and responsibilities:
The Local Senior Performance Monitoring Specialist will:
- Provide technical leadership in all aspects of Performance Management under SIMPLE including, training and capacity building for USAID staff and implementing partners, third party monitoring support, tracking and analyzing program results for USAID/Egypt, and data quality assessements, among other ad hoc requests.
- Support and manage short-term technical experts, program staff and field-based monitors throughout design and implementation stages of monitoring-related tasks.
- Work closely with USAID/Egypt’s Program Office, Technical Offices, and Egyptian stakeholders including government officials, local non-governmental organizations (NGOs), civil society organizations (CSOs), universities, and the private sector.
- Ensure the completion of high-quality reports and other contractual deliverables.
- Ensure compliance with the terms and conditions of the contract, USAID’s Automated Directives Systems (ADS), and USAID acquisition regulations (AIDAR).
- A Master’s degree or greater in a relevant field such as applied social sciences, Statistics, organizational sciences, Development Economics, or Monitoring and Evaluation.
- At least 10 years of experience in Monitoring and Evaluation, including but not limited to indicator development, data collection and analysis, and conducting data quality assessments..
- Substantive experience leveraging performance monitoring data for the improvement of ongoing project management.
- Experience working in Egypt, the Middle East, or post-conflict reconstruction environments preferred.
- Project management skills are desirable.
- Passion for strategic analysis, problem solving, consensus building, networking, organizational improvement, creative thinking, and an ability to manage change.
- English skills required; Arabic skills preferred.
- Strong proficiency in MS Office suite (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint).
About the Organization
The QED Group, LLC, is a full-service international consulting firm committed to solving complex global challenges through innovative solutions. We are determined to provide all our clients with best-value services so they increase their efficiency, learning capacity, and accountability to the public in an ever more complex and interconnected world. Through Monitoring and Evaluation and Knowledge Management practice areas, QED is working to maximize our clients' return on investment through accountability, continuous learning, and sound management.