Job DescriptionLogistics/Administrative Assistant, Sindh Reading Program, EGRA Endline Study, Performance Management Support Contract (PERFORM), Pakistan
MSI, a Tetra Tech Company, is a Washington, DC metro area international development firm with a 35-year history of delivering development results across the world. Our core expertise is in the fields of monitoring and evaluation (M&E), institutional development, public sector management, governance and anti-corruption. MSI has implemented projects in 90 countries around the world such as Jordan, Kenya, Indonesia, Syria, Pakistan, Afghanistan, Ukraine, Colombia and Mexico. As one of the leading companies in our field, MSI has partnered with organizations across all sectors of international development to support clients ranging from large bilateral and multilateral donors such as USAID, the World Bank and the UNDP to national and local governments, NGOs, think tanks, foundations and universities. For more information on MSI, please visit our website at www.msiworldwide.com.
In May 2015, the United States Agency for International Development (USAID) awarded a five-year contract to Management Systems International (MSI) to provide performance management support to USAID-sponsored development programs throughout Pakistan. The Performance Management Support Contract (PERFORM) serves as a centralized management support mechanism that provides services in (1) monitoring, (2) evaluation, (3) assessment, and (4) learning support. PERFORM provides data and information to help USAID/Pakistan project managers improve results through better implementation, design, and learning, enabling it to better target its programming and achieve its goals and objectives.
**Please note: Only Pakistani citizens are eligible for this position.**
USAID/Pakistan is funding the Sindh Reading Project (SRP), to improve early grade reading in public primary schools in Sindh. The 2018 endline study will provide evidence of progress made in student reading scores over the life of the program.
MSI is seeking a logistics/administrative assistant to support the Early Grade Reading Assessment (EGRA) team in Pakistan during the endline study. The assistant will be responsible for coordinating with the EGRA team and the operations staff of the PERFORM project to assist with logistical and travel arrangements, procurement requests, and overall personnel support. S/he will link the day-to-day operations of the assessment team with PERFORM in coordination with the assignment manager and the EGRA core team.
- Assist the PERFORM team with training logistics, lodging arrangements, vehicle movements, and procurement and personnel support.
- Support the organizational needs of the assessment team, such as printing training packets and fieldwork documents, and organizing data collection tablets and other materials.
- Create and maintain an MSI team contact list.
- Complete any other tasks as requested by the Assignment Manager and EGRA core team.
- A bachelor’s degree in the social sciences or a related field.
- Demonstrated interest in education and/or monitoring and evaluation/assessment preferred.
- Experience in logistics coordination.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Able to work effectively as part of a large team of dedicated professionals.
- Able to work under tight deadlines and produce quality work.
- Excellent English oral and written communication skills.
- Fluency in Urdu.
Candidates that have a real or potential conflict of interest in this study will not be considered for this assignment. MSI will require a written statement to this effect before formal engagement on this assignment. Conflict of interest in this context includes, but is not limited to: close and/or family relations with the individuals that are related to the project, financial interest in the implementing organization(s) or grantees, current or previous experience with the project being evaluated or the USAID requesting office, etc.
Only candidates who have been selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
MSI is an EEO/AA/ADA Veterans Employer.
To apply: Please visit our website, www.msiworldwide.com