Tetra Tech is seeking a Logistics and Procurement Manager for an anticipated worldwide IQC, to be based in Washington D.C.
The proposed program will provide worldwide support services in the deployment of administrative, logistical, professional, and technical labor. The program will also provide supplies, equipment, facilities, and materials necessary to perform the required functions consistent with applicable policies, regulations, procedures, business practices, and protocols defined by the corresponding USG agency.
The Logistics and Procurement Specialist would oversee support for necessary in-country or domestic logistics and procurement related to the administration and management of courses, conferences, association meetings, and other technical assistance. The Specialist would also support the management and coordination of any logistics and procurement related to construction, rehabilitation, and repair of facilities. The Specialist will be responsible for directing an integrated logistics capability with end-to-end supply chain management processes. S/he will ensure containment of costs through competitive subcontractor bidding and large-scale material and equipment purchasing. S/he will report to and work closely with the Operations Manager to ensure a seamless inventory control environment that tracks equipment and materials at all stages of use.
- Minimum 5 years of experience supporting logistics and procurement for US Government-funded programs.
- Experience in coordinating the acquisition, storage, packaging, transportation, and tracking of equipment and materials.
- Understanding of supporting international field operations is highly desirable.
- Must have the ability to understand and formulate statements of work, procurement requests, develop processes and procedures in compliance with corporate guidelines and US government contractual and acquisition regulations (FAR).
- Prior experience with U.S. DOJ, DOS, INL, USAID or other donor-funded projects preferred;
- A university degree (bachelors or higher) in business or other relevant field.
- Fluency in English is required; knowledge of development languages, including French, Spanish or Arabic is an advantage.
- Applicants must meet the following residency requirements: He/she must have lived in the U.S. three of the last five years and/or worked for the U.S. overseas in a Federal or military capacity; and/or be a dependent of a Federal or military employee serving overseas. Must be able to obtain a security clearance.
Please submit a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org referencing Logistics and Procurement Manager + Worldwide IQC in the subject line no later than August 15, 2018. No phone calls, please.
About the Organization
Tetra Tech is committed to diversity and gender equality in all of its operations - in the U.S and overseas. We strive to reflect these goals in our global mission and in our workplace. We encourage applications from women and underrepresented ethnic, racial and cultural groups. Tetra Tech is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.