FHI 360’s Crisis Response Team (CRT) is seeking a Logistics Coordinator to lead all operational and logistical support to an anticipated OFDA-funded emergency Ebola response program in eastern Democratic Republic of the Congo (North Kivu and Ituri provinces). The incumbent will oversee supply chain management, purchasing, facilities, security and fleet management. The incumbent will also be the project’s procurement specialist and will be responsible for ensuring rapid and efficient operational start-up. The incumbent will be the security focal point, and will be responsible for leading on emergency preparedness procedures. Knowledge of OFDA procurement requirements is mandatory. Previous Ebola response logistics experience is strongly desired. English fluency required, French fluency is considered a strong advantage. . This position initially envisioned as a less than three month assignment with possibility of extension. This duty station has been designated as high risk or extreme risk and poses a heightened risk or direct threat to personal safety. Applicants should research this location and the associated risks before submitting an application.
Qualified candidates are encouraged to apply as soon as possible, this position is considered an expedited hire and the anticipated program start date is March 1, 2019.
- Bachelor Degree or its International Equivalent in Supply Chain, Logistics, Economics, Finance, Engineering or Business Administration.
- Master or other advanced degree preferred.
- Certification and/or Degree in logistics and/or supply-chain management preferred.
- Typically requires 5-8 experience managing logistics & operations in emergencies.
- Experience establishing rapid startup operations/projects in new countries preferred.
- Has sensitivity to cultural diversity and understanding of the political, contextual, and ethical issues in assigned areas.
- Articulate and professional and able to communicate in a clear, positive fashion with clients and staff.
- Prior work experience in a non-governmental organization (NGO), government agency, or private company of progressive program management experience in humanitarian assistance.
This job description summarizes the main duties of the job. It neither prescribes nor restricts the exact tasks that may be assigned to carry out these duties. This document should not be construed in any way to represent a contract of employment. Management reserves the right to review and revise this document at any time.
About the Organization
FHI 360 is a nonprofit human development organization dedicated to improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions. Our staff includes experts in Health, Education, Nutrition, Environment, Economic Development, Civil Society, Gender, Youth, Research and Technology– creating a unique mix of capabilities to address today's interrelated development challenges. FHI 360 serves more than 60 countries, all 50 U.S. states and all U.S. territories.