YOU’LL CONTRIBUTE TO ENDING WORLD HUNGER BY …supporting the Logistics and IT team through various functions.
The ideal candidate for this position is a self-starter who can work well in a fast-paced environment, with strong commitment to Action Against Hunger mandate, and engaging personality.
KEY ACTIVITIES IN YOUR ROLE WILL INCLUDE
· Monitoring monthly logistics reports submissions, providing feedback, supporting country office teams in proper reporting, maintaining archives on No Hunger Forum (intranet), maintaining up-to-date tracking of in-kind donations and fleet management data.
· Coordinating and monitoring year-end and mid-year report submissions.
· Analyzing and presenting department data as needed.
· Implementing the International Strategic Plan Key Performance Indicators (data entry and collection, identifying significant indicators, verifying data quality, running and communicating analyses).
· Following up on department deadlines and commitments, document progress on department strategy and projects, coordinating communication on department-wide issues.
· Generating and coordinating communication materials (internal/external, i.e. Newsletter, B-LOG, tip sheets, country and staff profiles, etc.).
· Managing department’s No Hunger Forum site to keep files, data, and resources organized and up-to-date.
· Producing training material, how-to guides, memos, and protocols for both HQ and field functions.
· Producing written documentation/procedures/guidelines as needed.
· Coordinating team meetings, set agendas, lead ICT meetings, taking and disseminating minutes for all team meetings.
· Providing overall administrative support for the department, copy-edit documents, coordinating travel logistics for department workshops.
DO YOU MEET THE PROFILE REQUIRED CRITERIA ?
You’re a dedicated professional
· You have a Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in office management and IT.
· Experience working in a customer service role, responding to staff and clients from a wide range of cultures and professional backgrounds.
· You are comfortable working with computers with minimal IT support and have previous experience with Sharepoint.
· You have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
· You’re comfortable working and supporting others
· You have the commiment to promoting gender equality within the humanitarian and/or development work.
· You have excellent interpersonal skills, as well as the ability to work both independently and as a member of a team.
· You have the ability to work in a stressful environment, respect and enforce deadlines, take initiative, and prioritize multiple tasks with minimal supervision.
· You are genuinely interested in and committed to the humanitarian principles of Action Against Hunger.
About the Organization
Action Against Hunger-USA is part of the Action Against Hunger International network, which provides humanitarian relief in over 40 countries worldwide in the sectors of nutrition, health, water/sanitation, and food security. Action Against Hunger-USA, an independent NGO, currently manages operations in 9 countries: Democratic Republic of Congo, Kenya, South Sudan, Nigeria, Pakistan, Cambodia, Tanzania, Uganda, Haiti. Action Against Hunger-USA has over $60 million in programs, and approximately 1,500 permanent staff based in New York City, Washington D.C, Nairobi, and country offices. Additional growth is anticipated.
- Lifesaving impact in nearly 50 countries
- 6,500+ field staff assisting more than 14.7 million people
- 35+ years of expertise responding to emergencies caused by conflict, natural disasters and food crises
Our global efforts save hundreds of thousands of lives each year, but millions of undernourished children remain in need of lifesaving treatment.