Project Overview and Role:
The Mekong-Australia Partnership on Transnational Crime (MAP-TNC) was designed with the goal ‘to build deeper and stronger cooperation between Australia and Mekong countries to address transnational crime’ and aligns with the strategic priorities set out in Partnerships for Recovery: Australia’s COVID-19 Development Response (May 2020). The sub-regional program will address operational and strategic TNC challenges in five Southeast Asian Countries - Cambodia, Laos, Myanmar, Thailand and Vietnam (the ‘Mekong countries’).
The Procurement / Logistics Officer provide administrative support to procuring goods and services to support MAP-TNC implementation in accordance with Program policies and procedures.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Purchasing goods and services according to MAP-TNC Procurement Policies and Procedures
- Evaluate offers both quantitatively and qualitatively and cooperate effectively with suppliers and recommend procurement to DD for approval.
- Issue Purchase Orders.
- Maintain and review all relevant procurement records in a meticulous way including maintaining an asset register.
- Manage MAP-TNC approved travel, accommodation bookings, transport and catering.
- Provide logistics and operational support to Country Coordinators located in Cambodia, Laos and Vietnam.
- Support the team with compilation and submission of expense claims.
- Organise venues, logistics, catering for program approved activities.
- Oversee the Project SharePoint site ensuring program documents are stored in accordance with record management and security protocols outlined in the Program Management Manual.
- Provide administrative and secretarial support to program team, including arranging meetings, training and events.
- Experience in administration and logistics, preferably across multiple countries.
- Proven track record in office management systems and procedures.
- Able to use technology effectively to support the operations of a large program or organisation.
- High level proficiency in Word, Excel, PowerPoint and web browsers.
- Good interpersonal skills, including in a cross-cultural context.
- Ability to work to deadlines, and to balance competing priorities.
The successful candidate must have the right to work in Thailand and be willing to be based in Bangkok at their own expense.
About the Organization
Palladium is a global leader in the design, development and delivery of Positive Impact - the intentional creation of enduring social and economic value. We work with foundations, investors, governments, corporations, communities and civil society to formulate strategies and implement solutions that generate lasting social, environmental and financial benefits.
For the past 50 years, we have been making Positive Impact possible. With a team of more than 2,500 employees operating in 90 plus countries and a global network of more than 35,000 technical experts, Palladium has improved - and is committed to continuing to improve - economies, societies and most importantly, people's lives.
Palladium is a child-safe organisation, and screens applicants for suitability to work with children. We also provide equal employment to all participants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran or marital status.