WE ARE LOOKING FOR TALENTED INTERNS, INTERESTED IN PURSUING A HUMANITARIAN CAREER.
Action Against Hunger’s Logistics team is looking for an intern to support its department.
- Prepare assessment tables and work with advisor to review them.
- Organize information in the International Procurement Folder within our internal website (No Hunger Forum webpage)
- Support development of draft contracts for consultancies.
DO YOU MEET THE PROFILE REQUIRED CRITERIA ?
- Genuine interest in and commitment to the humanitarian principles of Action Against Hunger.
- Previous experience in an office (non-profit experience preferred).
- Excellent research, writing and editing skills required.
- Strong computer skills and an ability to learn new software quickly.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Great attention to detail, enthusiasm, and desire to be a team player.
- Excellent written and spoken English.
About the Organization
Action Against Hunger-USA is part of the Action Against Hunger International network, which provides humanitarian relief in over 40 countries worldwide in the sectors of nutrition, health, water/sanitation, and food security. Action Against Hunger-USA, an independent NGO, currently manages operations in 9 countries: Democratic Republic of Congo, Kenya, South Sudan, Nigeria, Pakistan, Cambodia, Tanzania, Uganda, Haiti. Action Against Hunger-USA has over $60 million in programs, and approximately 1,500 permanent staff based in New York City, Washington D.C, Nairobi, and country offices. Additional growth is anticipated.
- Lifesaving impact in nearly 50 countries
- 6,500+ field staff assisting more than 14.7 million people
- 35+ years of expertise responding to emergencies caused by conflict, natural disasters and food crises
Our global efforts save hundreds of thousands of lives each year, but millions of undernourished children remain in need of lifesaving treatment.