The Women-Owned Business Support Program (WBSP) in Egypt aims at increasing women’s financial inclusion and women entrepreneurship to enhance the creation of sustainable jobs opportunities, inclusive economic growth and poverty reduction, through providing women-owned SME’s with access to financial and business development services. The specific objectives below will be targeted:
1) The MSME sector is more able to contribute to private sector
employment and income generation, specifically to women;
2) The ecosystem (MSMEDA, financial institutions, Business
Development services providers, other stakeholders) can enhance women owned MSME’s access to financial resources and non-financial services (information, capacity building/coaching/networking, access to market).
We are currently looking for the following experts:
Senior expert in financial MSME promotion (up to 11 person-months, intermittent) with experience in:
- Leading long-term, complex donor funded MSME support programmes; and coordinating a larger number of long- and short-term local and international experts;
- MSME lending schemes at development and commercial banks, ideally also at microfinance institutions in similar operating environments;
- Negotiating with finance institutions, associations, and other stakeholders relevant to women entrepreneurship and women’s access to finance;
- Dealing with international donor organizations including timely and comprehensive reporting obligations;
- Preparing and executing a result-based monitoring and evaluation system.
Senior expert in Gender Financing (up to 11 person-months, intermittent) with experience in:
- Working as a gender specialist in gender related institutional development in the financial sector in Egypt / MENA zone or in similar operating environments;
- Women entrepreneurship and women’s access to finance;
- Developing and implementing financial product(s) or product packages tailored to Women-owned MSMEs
- Provide track record of a range of successfully implemented products for the female market, including underlying outreach strategies and standard operating procedures
- Implementing marketing and sales initiatives in commercial banks with a focus on Women-owned businesses;
- Advising development and commercial banks on strategies and policies to effectively reach out to and serve women owned businesses.
- Conducting qualitative research and gender institutional analyses of financial institutions including policies and operations, business models and delivery mechanisms to reach out to women-led MSMEs;
- Organize and conduct workshops to bank staff on gender related communication and marketing.
- Organizing gender related awareness workshops and campaigns;
- Environmental & Social issues in public entities and financial sector.
Senior Expert in Risk Management (up to 2 person-months, intermittent) with experience in:
- Review of credit policy and procedures and internal control policies and procedures
- Evaluation of existing risk and loan underwriting processes, credit and cash flow analysis, portfolio monitoring
Senior Expert in BDS (up to 3 person-months, intermittent) with experience in:
- Analysis and upgrading of service delivery of BDS providers;
- Developing and provision of gender related trainings to end beneficiaries
- Design and implementation of access to markets, networking
Senior Expert in IT/MIS (up to 2 person-months, intermittent) with experience in:
- Assisting development and commercial banks in similar operating environments in implementing IT and MIS Systems in relation to MSME lending, including expanding the MIS to specifically label and capture particular cases (e.g. products, regions, sectors, target groups).
Senior Expert in Social and Environmental risk management (up to 2 person-months, intermittent) with experience in:
- Conducting E&S due diligences and management as per international safeguards and standards (World Bank Group, ILO, etc.)
- Supporting financial institutions to effectively develop and implement a Social and Environmental Risk Management System.
- Environmental Risk Management system
Expert in Market Research (up to 6 person-months, intermittent) with experience in:
- Conducting large-scale quantitative and qualitative market assessments and market studies
- Experienced in the conduction of surveys with end beneficiaries
About the Organization
Transtec puts an emphasis on development processes, acting as a virtuous circle to reach the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). Working with local actors and the international community, we deliver quality, context-driven development solutions across the intervention cycle - breaking poverty and building prosperous stable communities.
We are committed to making a difference by ensuring that aid effectiveness constitutes the single and most important focus in our interventions. This is achieved by incorporating Quality Assurance mechanisms at each phase of project and programme implementation and ensuring compliance with requested standards and expected results. In doing so, we build on our 30 years of Knowledge Management maintained by our personnel, projects, programmes and experiences.
We hence provide a full range of high level technical services in project and programme design and management, framework contracts, long term agreements management and cutting edge monitoring and evaluation solutions to multilateral partner organisations including the European Investment Bank, the United Nations (UNDEF, UNHCR, WFP, UNICEF, UNDP), the World Bank, the African Development Bank, and national official development agencies including the UK Department for International Development (DfID), the Belgian Technical Cooperation (BTC), the French Agency for Development (AFD), the Danish International Development Agency (DANIDA), the Swedish International Development Cooperation (SIDA) and the Millennium Challenge Corporation (MCA).
We are constantly searching for innovative and creative solutions that will support our interventions.