Title: EU - Republic of Korea Policy Dialogue Support Facility
Country: Republic of Korea
Location: The operational base for the project is Seoul, Republic or Korea, but actions can be carried out also in other parts of RoK and European Union.
- 1 long term: Project Coordinator, and
- Pool of non key expert
Probable starting date: 01/01/2021
Duration: 36 months
The action will strengthen EU-RoK relations by supporting the bilateral and multilateral dialogues and partnerships in key priority areas of EU and mutual interest. It will contribute to advancing the existing dialogues, committees, sectoral working groups and consultations and possibly open avenues to expand bilateral relations to new areas and domains under the EU RoK strategic agreements.
Through a mix of specialised technical assistance, research, awareness raising, organisation of events, production of promotional materials and exchange of knowledge, the proposed action will serve as a horizontal facility to translate EU-RoK political commitments into concrete actions, while rapidly responding to the emerging issues of concern.
Activities will focus on those sectors in which the potential for advancement of bilateral relations has been identified as reasonably strong, where there is clear mutual interest to advance on relations and where EU interests can be clearly defined. Among other, priority will be given to the following sectors: security, human rights and social issues, trade and economy, climate change and energy, connectivity.
Key expert 1: Team Leader
Qualifications and skills
- Minimum Master’s Degree or equivalent in social sciences, political sciences, international relations, law, economics, business or other discipline of relevance to the subjects of this contract; OR minimum Bachelor Degree and five (5) years of full-time proven relevant professional experience additional to the requested general professional experience;
- Excellent speaking, drafting and editing skills in English;
- Excellent communication, facilitation, inter-personal skills;
- Knowledge of Korean is considered a strong asset
General professional experience
- Minimum 10 years of post-graduate professional experience in international context;
- Minimum 7 years of post-graduate professional experience in project/people/resources management as a project Team Leader or similar role (e.g. Project Director/Project Coordinator).
Specific professional experience
- Minimum 5 years of post-graduate professional experience of working on application of EU policies of relevance to this facility (e.g. in projects, research, etc.);
- Previous professional experience of working in RoK or related to RoK (preferably with RoK public authorities) is considered a strong asset.
Pool of Non Key Experts (medium/short term)
Qualifications and skills
- Minimum Bachelor Degree or equivalent;
- Fluency in English and/or Korean;
- Previous professional experience of working in RoK is considered an asset.
General professional experience:
- Senior Expert: Minimum 10 years of relevant experience in the field of assignment;
- Junior Expert: Minimum 5 years of relevant experience in the field of assignment.
Relevant experience in which expertise may be required includes, but is not limited to, the following fields:
- Security (maritime, cyber, counter-terrorism, counter-radicalization, violent extremism, mass migration, women etc.);
- Human rights and Social issues (death penalty, discrimination, gender- based violence, labour rights, social dialogue, future of work, civil society engagement etc.);
- Trade and Economy (FTA, market access, investments, data discrepancy, ILO Conventions, IPR, competition, state aid etc.);
- Climate Change and Energy (Paris Agreement implementation, energy transition, renewable energy, energy efficiency, low carbon mobility, etc.);
- Connectivity (digitalization, artificial intelligence, research and innovation, space, transport etc.);
- Culture; media outreach etc.
Kindly register your profile in our database of experts via our website www.transtec.be. To apply send your updated CV to: email@example.com mentionning “LT - 9682 - EU-Republic of Korea Policy Dialogue Support Facility”
Please indicate for which position you are applying. For the pool of non key experts, please also indicate the fields you cover from the list of fields below.
About the Organization
Transtec puts an emphasis on development processes, acting as a virtuous circle to reach the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). Working with local actors and the international community, we deliver quality, context-driven development solutions across the intervention cycle - breaking poverty and building prosperous stable communities.
We are committed to making a difference by ensuring that aid effectiveness constitutes the single and most important focus in our interventions. This is achieved by incorporating Quality Assurance mechanisms at each phase of project and programme implementation and ensuring compliance with requested standards and expected results. In doing so, we build on our 30 years of Knowledge Management maintained by our personnel, projects, programmes and experiences.
We hence provide a full range of high level technical services in project and programme design and management, framework contracts, long term agreements management and cutting edge monitoring and evaluation solutions to multilateral partner organisations including the European Investment Bank, the United Nations (UNDEF, UNHCR, WFP, UNICEF, UNDP), the World Bank, the African Development Bank, and national official development agencies including the UK Department for International Development (DfID), the Belgian Technical Cooperation (BTC), the French Agency for Development (AFD), the Danish International Development Agency (DANIDA), the Swedish International Development Cooperation (SIDA) and the Millennium Challenge Corporation (MCA).
We are constantly searching for innovative and creative solutions that will support our interventions.