Macfadden/PAE is soliciting for a consultant to provide monitoring and evaluation (M&E) support under our contract with USAID Office of Transition Initiatives (OTI) according to the scope and requirements below. The person selected will not be a Macfadden/PAE employee, but will have a contracted, consulting agreement with Macfadden/PAE.
Scope of Work
- Support strategic design, program implementation and evaluation through the provision of remote and/or in-person MEL technical assistance, guidance, and training for OTI, implementing partner, and local partner staff;
- Design and deliver training on key monitoring, evaluation and learning (MEL) concepts or skills for diverse audiences, including but not limited to OTI, implementing partners, and local partners;
- Lead and/or participate in evaluative efforts of OTI country programs and interventions;
- Contribute to ongoing initiatives to improve evaluation design, process and utilization;
- Serve as an active member of OTI’s M&E Team by contributing to knowledge management, coordination, and learning;
- Provide technical assistance based on research and personal field experience to enable OTI country programs to develop cutting-edge program monitoring and evaluation systems, and continually refine and improve them;
- Design, lead or participate in other special research initiatives and projects;
- Coordinate with key stakeholders to routinely conceptualize, update and revise OTI guidance related to action learning, monitoring and evaluation, and program performance management processes; and
- Participate in OTI events to stay abreast of current issues influencing M&E in different programs.
- Consultant will travel to OTI country program locations and locations for OTI events.
- Consultant will primarily book travel and arrange visas through Macfadden’s travel agent to ensure compliance with applicable laws.
- Consultant will be given detailed instructions about which programs require support and when based on OTI’s needs.
The successful candidate should have a Master’s or Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field and at least five years of relevant work experience with at least two years of experience in a developing country.
Relevant experience includes but is not limited to experience designing, implementing, and managing monitoring and evaluation efforts of international development programs, especially ones in areas of conflict/post-conflict, political transitions, countering violent extremism, or stabilization; and project management experience in community development, economic development, mediation/arbitration, conflict resolution, democracy and governance, international law, human rights activities, and/or political analysis.
About the Organization
Macfadden is now part of PAE. Founded over 30 years ago, Macfadden has provided federal agencies with critical on-the-ground support to U.S. government humanitarian missions around the world as well as financial and IT system support. Through program management, human resources services, financial management systems support, information technology solutions, knowledge management, travel coordination and communications support, Macfadden enables effective U.S. government humanitarian response to international disasters. Macfadden’s workforce includes approximately 300 employees primarily located in the Washington, D.C. area.