M&E Assistant, MEL Support to USAID Indonesia, Indonesia
Social Impact (SI) is a Washington, DC-area international development management consulting firm. SI’s mission is to improve the effectiveness of international development programs in improving people’s lives. We provide a full range of management consulting, technical assistance, and training services to strengthen international development programs, organizations, and policies. We provide services globally in the areas of monitoring and evaluation, strategic planning, project and program design, organizational capacity building, and gender and social analysis. SI services cross-cut all development sectors including democracy and governance, health and education, the environment, and economic growth. SI’s clients include US government agencies such as USAID, the Millennium Challenge Corporation, the US Department of State, bilateral donors, multilateral development banks, foundations, and non-profits.
Social Impact is responding to a two-year Task Order request to support the design and implementation of the Country Development Cooperation Strategy (CDCS) for FY 2020 - FY 2024 by providing technical, consulting, and advisory services related to monitoring, evaluation and learning (MEL) to the USAID/Indonesia mission. This includes providing M&E Technical Services (Objective 1), and M&E Related Advisory Services and Knowledge Management (Objective 2). This award will also provide targeted MEL support to enhance the Mission’s efforts to build a culture of learning through internal MEL-related training and learning-related tasks and events. This includes providing Improved Capacity for Learning and Adapting (Objective 3) and potentially extending this support to local organizations in order to strengthen their M&E capacity (under Objective 4).
Under supervision of the M&E Specialist, the M&E Assistant will support all M&E activities under the MELS contract, including the development of PMPs and the CDCS, data compilation, and capacity building activities.
This project is anticipated to begin September 1, 2019. The M&E Assistant will be full-time for the two-year duration of the project and will be based in Jakarta.
*Please note: This is a local position. Only Indonesian citizens will be considered for this role.*
- Collaborate with the Team Leader and M&E Specialist to contribute to PMP and CDCS development, data collection and compilation, and capacity building activities.
- Provide timely inputs and quality deliverables.
- Contribute to the design of MEL processes, using a variety of qualitative and quantitative methods.
- Contribute to the design of tailored trainings, workshops, and one-on-one support to help partners achieve their MEL goals.
- Participate in data collection and analysis efforts.
- A Bachelor’s degree in International Relations, Statistics, International Development, or a related field is required.
- Up to five years of experience in M&E support on donor-funded projects, including familiarity and experience supporting M&E capacity building programming.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills; excellent interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively within the context of a larger team.
Come join our energetic and innovative team! We offer you the opportunity to play a leading role in the growth of our company, work as part of a creative and committed team, and make a difference in the well-being of our world.
To learn more about Social Impact, please visit our website: http://www.socialimpact.com
SI is an EEO/AA/ADA Veterans Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Only selected candidates will be contacted for an interview. Please, no phone calls.
About the Organization
Social Impact is a global development management consulting firm. We provide monitoring, evaluation, strategic planning, and capacity building services to advance development effectiveness. We work across all development sectors including democracy and governance, health and education, the environment, and economic growth. Since 1997 we have worked in over 100 countries for clients such as US government agencies, bilateral donors, multilateral development banks, foundations, and nonprofits.