The Research, Monitoring and Evaluation (RME) Practice leads Aktis’ work on developing monitoring, evaluation and learning systems as well as research, with a focus on good quality research methods, to pursue more evidence-based approaches for our programmes.
Within this practice, the RME Senior Analyst (M&E Manager) will focus on supporting the development of innovative M&E approaches for Aktis’ programmes. They will draw on both best practice and cutting-edge thinking for M&E to test and promote more results-focused M&E. They will directly support country teams with programme development and M&E, which includes designing results frameworks, theories of change and supporting programme iteration through M&E processes. Finally, they will provide thought leadership and enthusiasm for M&E across Aktis, refreshing the role of M&E and how Aktis delivers M&E.
The successful candidate will:
- Be a point of contact for project and country teams, to:
- Ensure that project teams have the personnel and methodological support necessary to design M&E systems to a high quality; and,
- Track and support the development of our technical offering to clients on bids.
- Nurture research and M&E practitioners across Aktis by up-skilling relevant colleagues and promoting Aktis’ M&E approaches across the company.
- Plan, lead and coordinate training and lessons-learnt sessions both with country teams and across Aktis more widely.
- Build a network of senior technical experts to support reviews and evaluations for Aktis’ projects.
- Coordinate and support the development of think pieces and represent Aktis to the broader academic and donor community.
- Provide project and / or bid support.
You will be an experienced technical expert and/or manager with experience of M&E and research, excited by the opportunity to contribute to a progressive practice at Aktis. You will also:
- Have at least 6 years of experience in monitoring and evaluation;
- Be experienced at implementing M&E projects, ideally in conflict countries;
- Have a successful track of record building internal relationships, servicing client requests, and be interested to promote new ways of thinking across organisations.
- Understand donor policy agendas and programme priorities, and have a successful track record working with UK, US, EU and / or UN donors to develop and implement programme ideas;
- Be able to travel extensively to conflict states.
For the full job description and application link click on ‘Apply’.
About the Organization
Aktis Strategy is an organisation led by some of the world’s foremost consultant practitioners in problem-solving for fragile and conflict-affected countries. With knowledge and expertise across the spectrum of security sector reform, governance, justice/rule of law, conflict management and countering extremism, Aktis specialises in devising, managing and evaluating complex programmes to address challenging political and institutional problems. Recent field operations have been conducted in Afghanistan, Lebanon, Libya, Nigeria, Iraq, Pakistan, Syria, Somalia, and Tunisia. More information is available at the Aktis website, www.aktisstrategy.com.