Chemonics seeks a Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) Specialist in support of the Global Health Supply Chain – Procurement Supply Management program based in Arlington, VA. The Monitoring and Evaluation Specialist will be a resource for both the Global Supply Chain and in-country technical assistance sides of the GHSC-PSM project. The M & E Specialist will be responsible for maintaining fundamental M&E structures and datasets, including the IDIQ M&E plan, as well as serving as a resource for performance data analysis and visualization for both headquarters and in-country teams. They will serve as the headquarters M&E point of contact for 3-6 field offices to provide remote management and support for reporting and survey activities. To support the global supply chain, they will be expected to gain fluency in a wide variety of datasets to provide analysis to GSC leadership and technical teams on key operational questions, in support of data-driven decision-making. We are looking for individuals who have a passion for making a difference in the lives of people around the world!
GHSC-PSM is the primary vehicle through which the U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID) procures and provides health commodities for countries receiving U.S. government foreign assistance. GHSC-PSM also provides technical assistance to improve the efficiency, reach, and sustainability of in-country supply chains and is supported with funding from the U.S. President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief, the U.S. President’s Malaria Initiative, USAID’s family planning and reproductive health program, and USAID’s maternal and child health program.
- Manage an anticipated portfolio of 3-6 countries. Responsibilities include quarterly M&E data validation and analysis; advising on revision of M&E plans, indicator targets, and the implementation of M&E field activities; onboarding and training of new M&E staff in country offices; responding to ad hoc requests for M&E field support, including data quality assessments and other short-term assignments
- Provide remote support for the implementation of nationally representative surveys in field offices, including advising on sampling approaches, survey design, configuration of mobile data collection tools, data collector training, data validation support, and data modeling and results visualization using Power BI
- Build and maintain data models and reports using Power BI Desktop and the Power BI web service
- Coordinate annual reviews and updates to the IDIQ M&E Plan, including analyzing performance data and working with technical teams to set targets for Global Supply Chain indicators
- Learn a wide variety of global supply chain datasets to provide nimble analysis of supply chain performance questions
- Fulfill routine and ad hoc requests for reporting, analysis, and visualization for both internal and external audiences (PEPFAR, PMI, USAID, etc.)
- Build relationships and promote linkages between the M&E team and other project headquarters technical teams
- Serve as lead administrator for the project’s online DevResults database, including periodic review of system configuration to ensure data is adequately captured, updating the system with changes to indicators or new indicators, managing accounts for field office and USAID/Washington system users, and providing training and support on use of the system
- Participate in USAID/PSM monitoring and evaluation technical working group
- Availability to travel to GHSC-PSM supported countries to provide M&E related technical guidance, once travel restrictions are lifted
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as required
- Bachelor’s degree required; Master’s degree preferred
- Minimum 3 years of experience in M&E system design, performance measurement, indicator selection, data management, data analysis and/or database management required
- Passion for using data to understand the world and for ensuring data quality
- Excellent data management and analytical skills. Strong grasp of relational database concepts and proficient use of data management and reporting systems
- Comfortable using Power BI (or similar, i.e., Tableau) to build data models and visualizations. Knowledge of SQL and/or Python a plus
- Comfortable using SurveyCTO (or similar, i.e., Magpi, ODK) to design mobile data collection tools
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Experience working in cross-cultural settings on data collection and analysis projects
- Expertise in qualitative and quantitative research and evaluation methodologies
- Knowledge of supply chain management concepts preferred
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Demonstrated ability to communicate clearly and concisely both orally and in writing
- Fluency in English required; proficiency French strongly preferred
- Knowledge of current M&E, GIS, organizational learning, and impact evaluation assessment trends, debates, methodologies, and resources
- Experience living or working in developing countries strongly preferred
- Willingness to travel abroad for a minimum of 4 to 8 weeks per year once travel restrictions are lifted
Apply through our Career Center at https://phh.tbe.taleo.net/phh02/ats/careers/v2/viewRequisition?org=CHEMONICS&cws=50&rid=4033 by March 5th, 2021. No telephone inquiries, please. Finalists will be contacted.
Chemonics is an equal opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, age, or other legally protected characteristics. Military veterans, AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service alumni are encouraged to apply.
COVID-19 Recruitment Information
Chemonics International is monitoring COVID-19 activity around the world. The health and wellbeing of our staff is of the utmost importance to us, and we continue to hire for all open roles with interviewing and on-boarding done virtually. Our new hires and current staff working from our Washington, DC, Arlington, VA, and London offices will temporarily work from home until it is safe to return to our offices.
About the Organization
Founded in 1975, Chemonics is an international development consulting firm. In more than 70 countries around the globe, our network of 5,000 specialists share a simple belief: that the challenges we face today are best solved through the right partnerships — sharing knowledge, expertise, and experience to deliver results. As part of our culture and values, Chemonics is proud to be named a “Best Place to Work” in the Human Rights campaign Foundation’s 2021 Corporate Equality Index. Where Chemonics works, development works. Follow us on Facebook and Twitter or visit us at www.chemonics.com.