Job DescriptionPOSITION DESCIRPTION
M&E Specialist, Philippines CTIPLOCATION:
Manila, Philippines and other areas TBDDEPARTMENT:
Civil Society & EducationREPORTS TO:
Chief of Party, Philippines CTIP
The M&E Specialist will oversee the implementation of the project’s M&E activities and data reporting requirements, including the coordination of any external evaluation(s) and delivering a Performance Monitoring and Evaluation Plan (PMEP) for a high-quality, results-oriented project.
Specific responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Manage a rigorous approach to monitoring and evaluation, including mobile and web-based technologies in systems for monitoring performance toward specific goals and objectives.
- Oversee implementation of a baseline study on the indicators of the activity, including review of tools and survey methodology; training of enumerators and review of data quality and analysis.
- Collaborate and liaise with the external evaluation contractor to design and carry out mid-term and end-term evaluations.
- Design and implement a PMEP in coordination with USAID/Philippines, including selection and tracking of specific indicators, developing strategies for data collection and regular reporting on approved indicators.
- Coordinate the day-today tracking, and reporting on activities under the award.
- Design data collection instruments, schedules, analysis methods, and applied technologies.
- Ensure reporting per USAID guidelines and requirements.
- Monitor project progress on results and contribute to periodic evaluations/assessments.
- Coordinate dissemination of results to internal and external audiences.
- Lead research design and methodology for project-related research (separate from baseline survey).
- Contribute extensively to quarterly and annual reports
- Other duties as assigned.
Master’s level degree in social sciences, such as statistics, public policy, economics or a related field, and/or specialized training/certification in monitoring & evaluation. Alternatively, a Bachelor’s level degree with five years of relevant work experienceWork Experience:
- At least five years of progressively responsible experience in the monitoring & evaluation of donor-funded international development projects. Experience with CTIP, child labor or other social protection projects highly desired.
- Knowledge of USAID reporting requirements, including experience designing and implementing Monitoring and Evaluation Plans, rigorous impact evaluation designs, and working with external consultants for third party evaluations.
- Understanding of impact evaluation and research methodologies strongly preferred
- Understanding of national level MIS approaches and existing government databases/data collection preferred.
- Excellent written and oral communication skill in English and Tagalog is required.
- Proficiency in word processing, spreadsheet (preferably Microsoft Access and Excel), and presentation software (Microsoft PowerPoint)
- Familiarity with database and statistical applications such as SPSS, SAS or STATA.
About the Organization
Winrock International is a nonprofit organization that works with people in the United States and around the world to empower the disadvantaged, increase economic opportunity, and sustain natural resources. By linking local individuals and communities with new ideas and technology, Winrock is increasing long-term productivity, equity, and responsible resource management to benefit the poor and disadvantaged of the world.