VSO is the world’s leading international development organisation that works through volunteers to fight poverty. Working in 24 countries around the world, our unique role in international development is to place committed volunteers with carefully selected organisations where their skills can have the greatest impact. Our extraordinary volunteers live and work in some of the world’s poorest communities. Sharing their unique skills and experience to generate new ideas and new ways of doing things, helping the communities they work in lift themselves out of poverty. We’re not about delivering quick fixes, but instead we focus on long-lasting, sustainable change, that will impact generations to come. Join us and help us work towards our vision of a world without poverty.
* The purpose of this role is to provide high quality research, profiles, and biographies to VSO’s Major Gifts team about existing and potential supporters as well as offering team administration, database, event and proposal/ report writing support for the Major Gifts team
* Reporting directly to the Major Donor Manager, the successful candidate will be responsible for identifying appropriate prospects for core programme needs utilizing sector/VSO intelligence.
* The canidate will also work alongside Major Gifts colleagues to create network maps of senior supporters and partners to ensure VSO can maximise the opportunities available through our highest value relationships .
Skills, qualifications and experience
* The ideal candidate would have experience of Major Gifts fundraising, however we will consider entry level applications.
* We are looking for a highly motivated individual, with a passion for engaging donors who is comfortable in working in a dynamic and fast paced environment.
* We are looking for a candidate with strong administrative and organisational skills and record keeping skills, including computer literacy.
* The ideal candidate would have some experience of working with a database or CRM system and have experience of conducting desk research using information found in the public domain.
* We are looking for a candidate with a creative and thoughtful approach to problem solving who is a great team player.
At VSO we believe progress is only possible by working together.
Whether you want to join us as an employee, or as a volunteer working in your own country, overseas or online, our selection process includes an assessment based on these core competencies:
* Ability to be open minded and respectful
* Ability to be resilient and adaptive to new situations
* Ability to facilitate positive change and build sustainable working relationships
* Ability to seek and share knowledge
VSO promotes equal opportunities and values a diverse workforce.
In return we offer;
* Social inclusion and diversity are at the heart of our work
* Your impact / contribution to VSO’s mission will be visible
* Friendly and supportive office environment
* Generous annual leave of 37 days (inclusive of public holidays)
* Pension benefit with Scottish Widows
* Employee and Volunteer Assistance Programme
* Personal accident insurance
* Professional development opportunities, including a range of online self-study modules, coaching, workshops
* Opportunity for flexible working and working from home
VSO reserves the right to close this job early if we receive a sufficient number of applications.
Unfortunately we are unable to provide sponsorship for this position, so please ensure you have the right to work in the UK before you apply.
How to apply
If you’re interested in applying for this role, please download the job description for more information.
To submit your application, click on Make an application’ and complete all relevant fields on the online application form.