Chemonics seeks a Male Medical Kit Procurement Manager on the Global Health Supply Chain - Procurement Supply Management (GHSC -PSM) project. The Male Medical Kit Procurement Manager will provide support to the project ensuring a secure supply of PEPFAR-approved, high quality volunteer malemedical circumcision (VMMC) kits, PrePex devices, related commodities and essential medicines for countries. The Manager will work closely with the Task Order One Director, the Laboratory and VMMC Team Lead, and the USAID VMMC lead in the Supply Chain for Health (SCH) Division to collaborate on supply chain issues, including forecasting and procurement to support implementing partners in meeting PEPFAR’s VMMC targets.
Voluntary Medical Male Circumcision (VMMC) is one of PEPFAR’s pillar biomedical prevention interventions as part of a combination prevention package that comprises activities such as offering condoms, antiretroviral treatment, counseling, and guidance for preventing mother-to-child HIV transmission to help control the HIV epidemic.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
Provides technical assistance and implementation support to GHSC-PSM supply chain, country program and strategic engagement teams, country offices, USAID Washington, and USAID Missions in the following as they relate to VMMC:
Quantification (Forecasting and Supply Planning)
Commodity Procurement and Management of Orders
Products Knowledge, especially the components and specifications of the PEPFAR-approved kits, Selection, Importation, and Distribution
Training on Products, Planning, and Procurement Practices
Monitoring and Evaluation
Provides guidance and advises procurement specialists on product tenders and awards.
Provides guidance and recommendations regarding the development of sourcing strategies and long-term contracts.
Supports GHSC-PSM Country Programs, Systems Strengthening, and Strategic Engagement Teams by providing general program and product advice as requested by country teams; contributing to or writing GHSC-PSM reports, articles and technical documents.
Develops reference material for the program which includes documentation on offered products and their uses, guides for planning, and other training materials.
Represents the GHSC-PSM project at international meetings or on expert committees as and interacts with implementing partners on the behalf of GHSC-PSM.
Provides regular updates to GHSC-PSM teams on trends, developments and policies related to VMMC.
Develops future strategies for VMMC programs as part of larger strategy development and roll-out sessions carried out by the GHSC-PSM Systems Strengthening Team.
Conducts quantification exercises in country (forecasting and supply planning) for the national VMMC program, as requested by USAID missions.
Responds to ad hoc requests and inquiries as they related to VMMC products, planning, and orders.
Provides regular supply chain updates to USAID counterparts, including bi-weekly meetings with the USAID VMMC commodities point-of-contact.
Works closely with USAID counterparts in developing strategies and solutions around the VMMC supply chain, including adapting to newly approved devices, change in specifications of components in the existing VMMC kits, sharing the work of GHSC-PSM, and developing guidance to the field regarding the procurement of VMMC commodities.
Participates in external quality assurance visits of USAID VMMC programs, as needed.
Supports GHSC-QA during audit visits of the VMMC pre-approved vendors in China and South Africa, as needed.
Works with USAID and other VMMC implementing partners to analyze data, create visuals in support of journal manuscripts development.
Responds to ad hoc requests from USAID/Washington
Performs other duties and responsibilities as required.
- Bachelor’s degree required, master’s degree in business administration or a global health related field preferred.
- Minimum 3 years of work experience in VMMC programming or managing technical assistance efforts and VMMC commodities required.
- Experience with company’s main client, USAID, including related work history of success in a client facing role with responsibility for communicating deliverables and outcomes strongly preferred.
- Demonstrated, recently applicable work experience in health commodity systems strengthening experience at the country level.
- Experience working with global partners and countries in assessing and designing improvements and technical guidance on laboratory systems.
- Experience with stock management, quantification, procurement, or supply chain management tasks related to lab reagents and other consumables, or other health commodities required.
- Ability to work with databases, spreadsheets, and reporting software
- Strong analytical and statistical aptitude
- Excellent report writing and presentation skills
- Experience working in resource constrained countries.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- A proven ability to work as part of a team and to be self-managing.
- Advanced proficiency in excel, word processing, and presentation applications.
- Experience with national level Ministries of Health
- Current knowledge of existing developments in the field of laboratory supplies and technology.
- Advanced skills in working with data collection and data visualization
- Experience with statistics software (SAS, Epi Info, SPSS)
- Working proficiency in French, Spanish and/or Portuguese preferred.
- Demonstrated leadership, versatility, and integrity.
- Willingness to travel frequently overseas on two to four-week trips, typically every quarter of each year and to consider long-term overseas assignments.
Apply through our Career Center at https://chk.tbe.taleo.net/chk05/ats/careers/jobSearch.jsp?org=CHEMONICS&cws=1 by March 23, 2018. No telephone inquiries, please. Finalists will be contacted.
Chemonics is an equal opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, age, or other legally protected characteristics. Military veterans, AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service alumni are encouraged to apply.
About the Organization
Owned entirely by employees, Chemonics is an ISO-9001 certified international development company. For more than 40 years, we have partnered with local and international organizations to promote social and economic change around the world.