Open & closing dates
06/29/2020 to 07/06/2020
Pay scale & grade
GS 11 - 13
$72,030 to $133,465 per year
- Initiate and execute very complex administrative/management and program related projects.
- Prepare a variety of comprehensive status reports, management summaries, and briefing papers which identify problems.
- Utilize expert skills in analyzing and evaluating the effectiveness of line program operations in meeting established goals and objectives.
- Design and conduct comprehensive management studies.
Conditions of Employment
- U.S. Citizenship requirement or proof of being a U.S. National must be met by closing date.
- Employment is subject to the successful completion of a background investigation, verification of qualifications, completion of onboarding forms, submission of required documents, and any other job-related requirement before or after appointment.
- Applicants must meet all qualification requirements by the closing date of this announcement.
- Males born after December 31, 1959 must be registered with the Selective Service.
In order to qualify for a Management and Program Analyst (COVID-19), GS-343 position at the GS-11 level, you must have
A. Completed a Ph.D. or equivalent doctoral degree, or 3 full years of progressively higher level graduate education leading to such a degree or an LL.M., if related;
B. 1 year of specialized experience equivalent to at least the GS-09 level in the Federal service obtained in either the private or public sector, performing the following types of tasks: assisting in analyzing the effectiveness, efficiency and productivity of conventional problems involving program operations; gathering and organizing statistical information to improve the effectiveness and efficiency of program operations; and developing management operations reports and arranging and conducting conferences/meetings with appropriate management personnel;
C. a combination of post baccalaureate education that is related to the position and experience that meets 100% of the qualification requirements for this position.GS-12:
In order to qualify for a Management and Program Analyst (COVID-19), GS-343 position at the GS-12 level, you must have 1 year of specialized experience equivalent to at least the GS-11 level in the Federal service obtained in either the private or public sector, performing the following types of tasks: conducting and analyzing studies to evaluate the effectiveness of policies and procedures; writing administrative standard operating procedures; conducting analyses of administrative and management operations functions and work processes including areas such as systems, manpower utilization, productivity management, workflow, and paperwork management; and developing findings and conclusions regarding management operations.GS-13:
In order to qualify for a Management and Program Analyst (COVID-19), GS-343 position at the GS-12 level, you must have 1 year of specialized experience equivalent to at least the GS-12 level in the Federal service obtained in either the private or public sector, performing the following types of tasks: employing advanced qualitative and/or quantitative evaluation techniques to conduct studies and analyze findings; analyzing and measuring the effectiveness, efficiency and productivity of organizational programs, reviewing and editing administrative standard operating procedures affecting parent and subordinate offices; and, writing official reports to senior management on findings, recommendations, and implementation plans for improvements to programs or administrative operations.
You will receive credit for all experience material to the position, including experience gained in religious, civic, welfare, service, and organizational activities, regardless of whether you received pay.
Do not copy and paste the duties, specialized experience, or occupational assessment questionnaire from this announcement into your resume as that will not be considered a demonstration of your qualifications for this position.
Preview assessment questionnaire before you apply: https://apply.usastaffing.gov/ViewQuestionnaire/10840888
If you qualify based on education in lieu of specialized experience, you are strongly encouraged to submit a copy of your transcripts or a list of your courses including titles, credit hours completed and grades. Unofficial transcripts will be accepted in the application packages. Official transcripts will be required from all selectees prior to receiving an official offer. Click here for information on Foreign Education.
How to Apply
To apply for this position, please read and follow all instructions in this announcement, complete the online application, and submit the documentation specified in the “Required Documents” section. Your complete application package must be submitted by 11:59 PM Eastern Time (ET) on 07/06/2020 to receive consideration.
- To begin, click Apply to access the online application. You will need to be logged into your USAJOBS account to apply.
- Follow the prompts to select your resume and/or other supporting documents to be included with your application package. See the “Required Documents” section for any additional forms and/or supplemental materials required.
- Read all Eligibility questions and respond accordingly to any Eligibility you wish to claim. You will only be considered for those Eligibility questions (Status Applicant, Reinstatement, Schedule A, etc.) you respond in the affirmative to, regardless of what documentation you submit. We cannot assume you intended to respond differently to a question based on other information in your application package.
- Complete the assessment questionnaire. Applicants are asked all questions regardless of their consideration preferences. We will only consider you for the grades, series, locations, specialties, and other considerations that you self-identify as being qualified for or interested in. Preview assessment questionnaire before you apply: https://apply.usastaffing.gov/ViewQuestionnaire/10840888
- Verify all required documentation is included in your application package, review your responses to the assessment questionnaire for accuracy, and then submit your application.
In addition to the required documents, we encourage you to submit a cover letter, copy of your transcripts, and any applicable certifications or licenses. Even though this information is not required at the time of application, we may request this information later.
We cannot assume responsibility or grant extensions for personal issues (e.g., troubles navigating the application process, loss of internet, not understanding a question) when applying to our announcements. For technical difficulties, contact HR Systems Support between 8:00 AM and 4:30 PM ET Monday through Friday at firstname.lastname@example.org
If you need any other accommodation or assistance with applying, please contact Krystal Johnson at email@example.com. Requests for reasonable accommodations must be made before the announcement closing date.NIH’s EEO and Diversity and Inclusion Policy StatementVisit the NIH’s Office of Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion site
for information on NIH’s EEO program, Reasonable accommodation procedures, laws, policy statements, and the operation of the EEO complaint process.