The Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH is a state owned organisation. We work worldwide in the field of international cooperation for sustainable development. GIZ International Services (InS) is an integral division of GIZ. We offer the experience, the regional and technical know-how of GIZ in the global market and provide international clients with expertise in terms of economic and result-oriented services.
GIZ International Services is shortlisted for the EU-funded tender: „Technical Assistance to Support the Decentralization of Disaster Risk Management” in Ethiopia.
The Technical Assistance service aims to support the Federal and Regional DRM institutions to achieve the objective of the EUTF project “Decentralisation of Disaster Risk Management in Ethiopia”, namely: “to enhance the capacities of the local authorities to proactively and rapidly help communities cope and be protected in the event of conflict and climate stress”.
The purpose of this contract is to enhance the capacities of the Federal, Regional and District DRM institutions to implement the 2013 “National Policy and Strategy on Disaster Risk Management” and to guide them on strategic/policy, technical and operational matters to achieve efficiency and effectiveness in doing so. The TA services aim to support the implementation of the three EU grant contracts (NDRMC, Oromia and Amhara) with the overall objective to contributing to the realization of the DRM policy (2013) and the 2014 SPIF strategy of the Ethiopian Government.
Qualifications and skills:
- An advanced university degree (at least master’s degree or equivalent) in Management Information Systems (MIS), engineering or computer science.
- Certified (by registered institution) training in Geographic Information System (GIS) and databases Programmer or developer (unless attested in course description for obtaining the above mentioned diploma)
- Fluency in English, both verbal and written, is required
General professional experience:
- A minimum of 8 years of combined experience in IT management, development and implementation of M&E systems for public or private projects/programs, databases programmer/developer, Web support, IT trainer, GIS, Business Application Developer.
Specific professional experience:
The key expert should have:
- At least 4 years’ experience in Disaster Risk Management (DRM) Information Management technologies applicable to planning, Early Warning Systems, M&E tools, system and data analysis, IT user liaison.
- Proven experience in application of GIS monitoring system and databases related to DRM
The TA Team will be deployed in Addis Ababa and in two regions, namely, Bahir Dar (for Amhara), Addis Ababa (for Oromia). The 3 experts supporting NDRMC are also in charge of supporting SNNP and Somali Region and therefore will have to travel regularly to Hawasa (SNNP) and Jijiga (Somali Region).
Start date & period of implementation
The intended start date is mid-April 2020 and the period of implementation of the contract will be 36 months from that date.
Please understand that we can accept and process in principle only applications via our E-recruiting system.
We would like to ask you to apply with a CV in Europeaid format.
Following the confirmation of your successful application, kindly check your spam / junk mail folder on a regular basis, since some provider classify emails from our recruiting system as spam.
GIZ would like to increase the proportion of employees with disability, both in Germany and abroad. Applications from persons with disabilities are most welcome.