Resonance is seeking a full-time Spanish-English bilingual Manager with broad expertise in strategic communications, knowledge management and management support for the U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID) and the Inter-American Development Bank (IDB) funded BetterTogether/JuntosEsMejor Challenge. This is a global initiative to crowdsource, fund and scale innovative solutions from Venezuelans, wherever they are, and innovators worldwide, to support Venezuelans and host communities affected by the regional crisis. Specifically, the Challenge elevates Venezuelan voices; connects Venezuelans, host communities, and the world’s collective genius to develop solutions; funds, tests, and scales these solutions; as well as builds a marketplace of tested solutions in Argentina, Brazil, Chile, Colombia, Ecuador, Guyana, Panama, Peru, Trinidad and Tobago, and Venezuela. As the prime implementer, Resonance supports a range of activities for BetterTogether/JuntosEsMejor, under the broader implementation of the Catalyst project.
Central to the overall approach is the implementation of the project’s communications and knowledge management strategy, as well as its investment in and support to awardees. The Manager will work with the BetterTogether/JuntosEsMejor Senior Manager, and in close consultation with USAID and the Inter-American Development Bank (IDB), to execute various communications and outreach activities using knowledge of the region and the Venezuelan diaspora community to increase the impact of awardees.
This position is open to candidates worldwide, with a strong preference for those based in Washington, DC who have direct communications experience working in a similar communications role with the Latin American, Venezuelan migrant and/or diaspora community. The role requires native Spanish, and complete fluency in English.
- Execute a comprehensive communications strategy and wide-ranging outreach activities, including events, social media (including paid ads), email campaigns, webinars, multimedia storytelling, partner and influencer engagement, and press outreach.
- Design and disseminate a variety of comms materials to increase awareness about the Challenge, share human-interest stories and project achievements, engage Venezuelans and host country communities, and source the best solutions from applicants and partners. Materials may include social media content, email campaigns, flyers, presentations, fact sheets, blogs, talking points, press materials, innovator profiles, infographics, and videos.
- Proactively identify, plan, and coordinate promotional opportunities such as information sessions, webinars, design or co-creation workshops, announcements and outreach.
- Coordinate the Challenge’s social media accounts and strategy, including daily publishing interactive content, engaging and responding to comments, and pursuing strategic opportunities (hashtags, trends, news, international observance days, local holidays).
- Integrate interactive functions on the Challenge website and other communications platforms, with a particular emphasis on storytelling through blogging and sharing updates about Challenge efforts.
- Develop press outreach strategies for new announcements, identify target media outlets and journalists in Latin America, and draft pitches, releases, and interview materials.
- Carry out effective knowledge management techniques to integrate and disseminate lessons learned, for both internal and external audiences.
- Generate and communicate regular briefing, reports, and progress updates as needed for internal and external audiences. Support client debriefs, providing information and creating materials as relevant.
- Support data capture and analytics to assess the impact and success of communications campaign tactics and present a communications dashboard on a monthly basis.
- Ensure effective investment in awardees, linking awardees with mentors and other resources to support their efforts, increase impact and scale, and market readiness.
- Provide overall management support as needed, including coordination of technical inputs to enhance the grants management cycle and pipeline process.
- Help coordinate with BetterTogether/JuntosEsMejor partners on integrating resources, such as promoting and supporting events, mentoring innovators, providing technical assistance or expertise, and mobilizing networks.
- Other tasks as assigned by the Senior Manager.
Required Education & Experience
- At least 5 years of experience in strategic communications and knowledge management, particularly international development with a relevant private sector, innovation, and/or technology focus.
- Master’s degree required in communications, international affairs, or another relevant field.
- Experience in project implementation with an international development agency and/or a multilateral development bank preferred, particularly in politically sensitive contexts.
- Experience working in a fast-paced environment, creating public-facing products on short deadlines, and juggling multiple activities.
- Ability to collaborate and coordinate with diverse stakeholders dispersed across multiple organizations, geographies, and time zones.
- Native fluency in Spanish, and complete fluency in English.
- Ability to integrate lessons learned into project efforts, working with the team to integrate new approaches, tools and technologies into day-to-day operations.
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills, with particularly strong Spanish and English writing and editing ability.
- Demonstrated track record securing earned media, producing new content, and directly engaging with media outlets across the Latin American and Caribbean region.
- Experience managing high-profile social media accounts in Spanish and English to reach audiences across the Latin American and Caribbean region.
- Ability to invest in, mentor, and support awardees to increase their impact in responding to the Venezuela regional crisis.
- Computer program savvy, including use of Microsoft Office suite, Google Suite, and other relevant software to produce and monitor communications materials, such as Adobe InDesign, Mailchimp, Google Analytics, and social media analytics.
About the Organization
Resonance is an award-winning frontier market solutions firm based in Burlington, Vermont that helps a variety of donor, commercial and investor clients around the world to catalyze lasting impact. We envision a prosperous and just world of thriving markets, healthy ecosystems, and vibrant communities where business, governments and citizens work together creating a better world for all. Resonance seeks to catalyze large-scale social, environmental, and economic change by fostering new and dynamic forms of collaboration. We do this by fostering public-private partnerships, facilitating sustainable investment, and providing deep analytical insights in frontier markets. We strive to merge strategic insight with practical on-the-ground knowledge into an integrated approach that emphasizes results. We seek candidates who are ready to apply their analytical and problem-solving skills to some of our planet’s greatest challenges in an entrepreneurial, fun, and fast-paced environment. We are looking for passionate and committed people who can work in a highly collaborative environment to deliver results for our clients and stakeholders around the world.