Reporting to the Director of Corporate Partnership Development and working closely with the Partnership Management and Development Teams, the Manager is focused on generating revenue and increasing revenue generating capabilities from the UNICEF USA Corporate Partnership Development Team.
This is a three-year grant-funded position.
Key Responsibilities/Outcomes (include but are not limited to):
Under the guidance of the Director, Corporate Partnerships Development:
- Support the organizational plan for mapping, researching, prospecting and securing six and seven figure+ corporate prospects across multiple sectors, and specific to the East Coast.
- Support the Director in the management of key prospects, construction of a pipeline of desirable prospects and development of company-specific approach plans, which could include philanthropic/foundation grants, cause marketing, customer fundraising, sponsorship of UNICEF USA campaigns, employee engagement, and where appropriate, may also include non-revenue activities in support of the partnership (such as CSR engagement, expertise sharing, etc.).
- Assist the Director in the pitching and securing of global partnerships in the New York region, including supporting the Director in securing meetings, developing pitch materials, and prospect stewardship.
- Build relationships with key prospect contacts and develop and implement strategic stewardship plans and activities.
- Work closely in accordance with the Director of Corporate Partnership Development, the New York Regional Director and New York Regional Board to leverage key contacts at priority corporate prospects in the region.
- Support the Director in liaising with UNICEF headquarters, National Committees and Country Offices, and internally with other UNICEF USA departments to leverage all company assets in an effort to initiate innovative ideas and maximize opportunities.
- Support the Director in the development of partnership concepts and guide creation of marketing and communications plan.
- Assist the Director in building sustainable and best practice partnerships with strong opportunities to renew.
- Bachelor’s degree and a minimum of 5 years’ experience in a partnership development or strategic partnerships role; mix of corporate and non-profit experience preferred
- Proven track record generating new revenue or successfully managing strategic partnerships
- Ability to build relationships with individuals from diverse backgrounds and styles, and experience working with contacts at all levels of Fortune 500 companies, including presenting to senior-level decision makers and influencers across business units and functions, including foundation contacts, as well as marketing/PR contacts
- Ability to lead internal and external meetings
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment and prioritize while working under multiple deadlines
- Excellent problem solving and negotiation skills; ability to effectively collect, analyze, organize, distill and present information
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to travel to domestic and international developing country locations
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, especially PowerPoint
- Understanding and experience with the stages of partnership development, from qualifying, exploratory conversations, strategic proposal development, negotiations and contracting
- Must demonstrate UNICEF USA Core Values: Trust, Respect, Accountability, Innovation, Teamwork, and Service
Must possess current and valid US Work Authorization and be eligible to work for any US employer without sponsorship.
Due to the high volume of applications received, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Salary is commensurate with experience. In addition, UNICEF USA offers a comprehensive benefits package.
UNICEF USA is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply.
About the Organization
The United Nations Children's Fund (UNICEF) works in 190 countries and territories to put children first. UNICEF has helped save more children’s lives than any other humanitarian organization, by providing health care and immunizations, clean water and sanitation, nutrition, education, emergency relief and more. UNICEF USA supports UNICEF's work through fundraising, advocacy and education in the United States. Together, we are working toward the day when no children die from preventable causes and every child has a safe and healthy childhood. For more information, visit www.unicefusa.org.