Manager, Digital Properties
World Vision International
World Vision is a Christian humanitarian, development and advocacy organisation devoted to improving the lives of children, families and their communities around the world. Our 45,000+ staff members working in more than 90 countries are united through our ethos, mission and shared desire for all individuals, especially children, to overcome poverty, inequality and injustice.
Here’s where you come in:
As Manager, Digital Properties, you are responsible for developing, implementing and overseeing an editorial and engagement strategy for all of World Vision International’s (WVI) digital channels. The objective is to drive trust, boost share of voice on key issues and build WVI’s digital footprint.
You will coordinate with other audience facing teams within the Public Affairs team as well as the Managers of Content Collaboration and Strategic Content to ensure WVI’s digital approach is best in class. You will establish editorial standards and guidance and maintain a strategic global content calendar. You will also expand and manage the development of an “authorized” editor network (such as the existing Disaster Alert Response Editorial Team for www.wvi.org) to ensure 24/7 coverage across the globe for all digital channels.
- A Bachelor’s degree or equivalent, preferably in Digital or Multi-Media Communications/Marketing, Journalism, News Design or Graphic Design
- 5-8 years’ experience with online communications either as a web editor, online journalist or digital content strategist/ manager
- Proven ability to engage global audiences and powerholders through digital channels
- Experience maintaining a complex website
- Technical: Understanding of Drupal and other Open Source platforms and/or a proven ability to learn new systems quickly
- Editorial: 5+ years’ experience in a job requiring content strategy, web editorial/ design and storytelling. Proven ability in building professional relationships with technical specialists, experience working with web technicians and designers
- Management/coordination: 4+ years’ experience in a multi-national, multi-cultural organization.
Is this the job for you?
World Vision is dedicated to our team members’ development and their success. We aspire for all employees to be fulfilled through their work and their contributions to an organisation working to provide long-term sustainable solutions to the world’s most vulnerable people.
Find the full responsibilities and requirements for this position online and apply by the closing date 28 May 2017. For more information on World Vision International, please visit our website: www.wvi.org. Due to the number of applications received, only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
About the Organization
The World Vision Partnership is a global community of people passionately committed to improving the lives and futures of the world’s most vulnerable children.
We believe that every child is a precious gift to the entire world and that their well-being concerns us all. We will not rest while children suffer in situations that can be changed. We are looking for people who share our beliefs and our passion.