Palladium seeks a highly qualified Finance and Administration manager for the Swiss Agency for Development and Cooperation (SDC)-funded Increasing Market Employability (IME) Phase 2 project in Macedonia. The project follows a facilitative market systems approach to support private sector development and growth in selected economic sectors in Macedonia. The main project goal is to create new jobs through sustainable private sector development, so that the un- and underemployed, particularly women and youth, are engaged in sustainable and decent employment.
IME will have 3 main outcomes:
1) Private sector development - companies in selected sectors grow by improving their products and services and expanding their markets; 2) Improving the business environment - business support functions and financial services are improved, and the policy and regulatory framework are conducive to company growth in selected sectors; and 3) the private sector is sensitized about theadded value of engaging more women and youth, and are equipped with the tools for identifying, attracting and retaining them. In Macedonia, IME will be focused on a systemic approach to private sector development to create new jobs, while two other SDC-funded programs will address skills development, and job matching and active labor market measures.
Purpose of Position
The Finance and Administration Manager will report to the Team Leader of the project and will oversee and ensure sound management of human resources, financial management, procurement, and grants functions for the project.
Role and Responsibilities
- Provides overall management of administrative operations, including, logistics, procurement, budgeting, finances, human resources, information technology, property and security.
- Oversees sound and effective systems for project administration and operations, including grants, subcontracts, procurement and compliance.
- Supervises financial operations and monitoring of obligations, budgets, and expenditures.
- Coordinates and manages the mobilization of short-term and long-term technical assistance and administrative staff.
- Manages office and program financial resources while exercising proper financial controls and adhering to both SDC and Palladium policies and procedures.
- Advanced degree in business administration, finance, accounting, or related field.
- Minimum of 4 years of experience in administrative and financial management of large-scale, complex, international and donor-funded programs, previous experience with SDC highly desirable.
- Demonstrated knowledge, skills, excellence in accounting, financial management, human resources, procurement, and other management support functions as needed.
- Excellent leadership skills, including the ability to manage large budgets for Bilateral Donor projects and client expectations.
- Strong interpersonal skills for working with project staff, donors and beneficiaries.
- Advanced knowledge of MS Suite and other business accounting packages and strong MS Excel skills.
- Fluency in Macedonian and excellent language capacities in English required, fluency in Albanian also desirable.
Location: Macedonia - - Skopje
About the Organization
Palladium is a global leader in the design, development and delivery of Positive Impact - the intentional creation of enduring social and economic value. We work with foundations, investors, governments, corporations, communities and civil society to formulate strategies and implement solutions that generate lasting social, environmental and financial benefits.
For the past 50 years, we have been making Positive Impact possible. With a team of more than 2,500 employees operating in 90 plus countries and a global network of more than 35,000 technical experts, Palladium has improved - and is committed to continuing to improve - economies, societies and most importantly, people's lives.
Palladium is a child-safe organisation, and screens applicants for suitability to work with children. We also provide equal employment to all participants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran or marital status.