Habitat for Humanity International is currently seeking a talented professional for a Manager, Foundations, Organizations, and Institutions (FOI). Reporting to the Director-Resource Development, the FOI Manager helps build the capacity and supports the national organizations and regional offices in developing donor-attractive programs and in promoting strategic programmatic growth that is consistent with the Mission and Principles of Habitat for Humanity International (HFHI), as well as with the FOI areas of interest. This position will be based at HFHI’s Asia Pacific (AP) area office located in Manila, Philippines.
- Identify potential FOI donors, development agencies and corporate foundations in the Asia Pacific region.
- Interact and extend support services to other Area Offices and global funding network (GFN) on emerging interests from FOI, development agencies and corporate foundations for Asia Pacific.
- Engage subject matter experts (SME) from identification to realization of partnership development in alignment with objectives of Habitat’s strategic plan.
- Support proposal development of high value proposals across the region in consultation with donor countries and implementing programs.
Holistic Story Development:
- Develop evidence-based stories that links housing to health, education, income, water/sanitation and climate change outcomes.
- Facilitate capacity building for national office staff for development of effective story development on holistic development.
- Coordinate with HQ FOI peers in the development of global proposals for FOIs with a global footprint so that HFH is dealing with global donors in a coordinated manner.
- Support SMEs to develop programs, including impact logic (theory of change) and monitory and evaluation methodology.
- Reviews FOI grant applications and proposals which meet current policy requirements and recommends for approval to the program leadership.
- In collaboration with SMEs and appropriate program team members and grant management team members from area office (AO) and national office (NO) support customized and/or thematic program development.
- Provide feedback from the donor market space for state of the art program design to promote Habitat’s 3 house strategic approaches.
- Support the NO staff in the development of fundraising plans focused on FOI and corporate foundations and help NOs move towards revenue sustainability.
- Develop FOI grant applications and proposals which meet current policy requirements and recommends for approval to the program leadership at the AO, NO and or Global Funding Network(GFN)/HQ levels.
- Coordinate and engage SMEs at all levels on proposal development from the perspective of Habitat’s strategic plan.
Donor Reporting & Capacity Building:
- Advise SMEs on grant management requirements, assist with preparing and reviewing reports for key donors.
- Build capacity of SMEs and others involved in effective donor management practices.
- Coordination to ensure high-value donor experience in alignment of programmatic innovation and implementation challenges in shelter sector best practices and community priorities.
- Support design and delivery of workshops in regards to new program implementation approaches and strategies such as market mapping, housing market development or HSS in countries in which these approaches are promoted.
- When advised represent AP leadership, represent HFHI-AP at various conferences, donor engagement meetings and workshops to promote the mission, vision and principles of the organization and create awareness.
- Constantly explore business development opportunities in collaboration with the resource development and program colleagues keeping in mind programmatic trends and thematic approaches needed in an organic development market space.
- Conduct field visits with donors and accompany key donor volunteer teams to support successful implementation and enhance donor experience.
- Weekly and quarterly reporting as well as updating of donor pipeline.
- Revenue targets reporting.
- Masters or Bachelor level education in international studies, development management, business and/or humanities.
- Minimum 10 Years of FOI experience in an INGO.
- Well versed in Log frame.
- Preferred Donor committee for enterprise development (DCED) experience.
- Fluent in written and spoken English required.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Advanced skills in the use of spreadsheets, Microsoft Office programs and the internet.
- Cross-cultural management skills.
- Familiarity with construction technology preferred.
About the Organization
Habitat for Humanity International is a non-profit, ecumenical Christian housing ministry. The purpose and goal of Habitat for Humanity International is to eliminate poverty housing and homelessness from the world, and to make decent shelter a matter of conscience and action. Habitat invites people of all backgrounds, races and religions to build houses in partnership with families in need. Habitat for Humanity has an Administrative Headquarters based in Atlanta, an Operational Headquarters based in Americus, Georgia, and Area Office bases of operations in Manila, Philippines for our Asia and Pacific work, San Jose, Costa Rica for our Latin American and Caribbean work and Bratislava, Slovakia for our Europe, the Middle East and Africa work.
HFHI is an equal opportunity employer and seeks to employ and assign the best qualified personnel for all our positions in a manner that does not unlawfully discriminate against any person because of race, color, religion, gender, marital status, age, national origin, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, veteran/reserve national guard status, or any other status or characteristic protected by law.